Associate Technical Architect
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
We are looking for a highly skilled Associate Technical Architect with a strong background in architecture for building scalable, predictable, high-quality, and high-performance integration solutions for our customers. As an Associate Technical Architect, you will be responsible for building and maintaining integration frameworks in cloud environment with full understanding and enhancements to integrations with the platform. You will work with a team of experienced Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Developers, and have an in depth understanding of unique business needs, excellent communication skills with all levels of business stakeholders including executive management, and a commitment to excellence. You will work with business partners to understand business objectives and ensure that best practices are followed by the team to provide a successful technical solution.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Helping architect scalable, highly available integration application solutions that leverage Azure Cloud
- Interacting closely with Integration Analyst/ Technical Architects/Enterprise Architects to understand requirements and design solution approach
- Providing development support and assistance for customer escalations and issues, including off-hours
- Sharing knowledge through knowledge-sharing technical presentations
- Multi-tasking many projects effectively
- Developing new functionality on our existing software products
- Participating in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid development schedule
- Working with Data Specialists to monitor data quality and integrity
- Designing data integration solutions using Azure iPaaS, REST API Endpoints in Azure
- Designing and developing frameworks for robust monitoring, alerting and reconciliation functionality; providing hands-on technical expertise to support development (POC, Sample Code, Best Practices)
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns, and programming
- Developing and maintaining technical guidelines in implementing continuous integration and DevOps practices
- Conducting root cause analysis on integration support incidents
- Working in a highly collaborative environment to solve challenging technical and business problems
- Working in all aspects of development including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, development of technical components related to process scope and supporting testing and post implementation support
- Good understanding of all SDLC phases
- At least 4 years of experience in technical architecture and developing cloud applications
- Thorough understanding of REST API development, with an emphasis on security and performance
- At least 4 years of experience developing with microservice architectures and Enterprise Integration Patterns
- At least 6 years of experience writing unit/integration tests and developing applications using a Test-Driven Development approach
- At least 2 years of experience in development and delivery of applications with particular focus on Azure iPaaS (Logic Apps, ESB, API management, Event grid, Function Apps, DevOps)
- At least 2 years of experience developing enterprise application with Azure SQL and at least one of the following: Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Synapse
- Expertise in providing technical consulting, training of customer technical teams
- Experienced in troubleshooting and monitoring published processes from Cloud Services environment
- Expertise in Cloud Services best practices and REST API development best practices
- Excellent communicator and ability to work as a team to accomplish a task
- Must be able to interact well with multiple priorities in an extremely dynamic environment, initiating necessary tasks and ensuring complete follow up
- Comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources
- Experience with ERP, CRM SaaS applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge in Azure migrations and integration implementations
- Microsoft Azure Certification
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA