Technical Architect, D365F&O
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
We are looking for a Technical Architect, Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations to work with our Higher Education customers in delivering scalable and resilient cloud solutions. As a Technical Architect, you will be assigned to our enterprise customers and will be responsible for reviewing the customer’s overall technology landscape and proposing technology forward solutions. Candidate must have a strong background in implementing technical architecture frameworks and systems integration design patterns.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Consulting with enterprise customers on cloud technologies and architecture frameworks
- Leading complex, cross-practice ERP / Dynamics 365 implementations by defining the overall technical architecture and supporting functional and enterprise architects.
- Aligning the technical architecture with the client's business goals and objectives to maximize customer return on investment in our Enterprise Suite of products
- Aligning the solution with the client's architecture standards and existing application portfolio
- Transforming business requirements into technical designs and create breakdown of design to work item artifacts for development team
- Facilitating architecture workshops and provide architectural direction in areas such as configuration, user experience, extensions, data migration, application integration, quality assurance, change management, instance, and environment provisioning
- Ensuring that the technical requirements traceability to the established customer requirements and performance goals and the technical direction is consistent with the customer’s long-term strategy
- Working with Technical Managers and Project Managers to ensure timely delivery of high-quality project deliverables
- Working with fellow Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects to ensure modelling and architecture standards are being followed including development of Packaged Services initiatives
- Technical responsibility for the technical aspects of the project environments until system handover. Driving the internal development guidelines are applied by the development team
- Developing and maintaining architecture design, models, and other technical documentations
- Identifying and communicating any cross-area or cross-release issues that affect other project areas
- Participating in steering committee meetings with the customer and quarterly business reviews to ensure that the solution design is delivered
- Ensures security best practices are used and applied throughout the implementation lifecycle
- Evaluating internal processes, technology strategies, and integration designs and suggesting improvements
- Collaborating with the DevOps team to improve deployment speed of integrations and extensions into our customers environments
- Organizing and leading training to improve team knowledge and skills for emerging cloud native technologies
- Supporting pre-sales teams with subject matter expertise in our Enterprise Suite of products
- This role requires approximately 20% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Good understanding of all SDLC phases
- 5+ years of ERP technical implementation and systems integration experience working with Enterprise clients
- Minimum of three full lifecycle ERP implementations leading a technical workstream such as data conversion, data integration or extension development, Business process mapping and modelling
- Deep understanding of D365 F&O technology stack, serverless microservices architecture, Synchronous and Asynchronous integration patterns.
- Demonstrated experience in using the following in projects
- Data Management Framework and large ETL workloads with performance tuning
- Business Events framework and extensions
- Extensions approach to customization and extending ISVs solutions
- Role-based security design, including Extensible Data Security and extensions
- Expertise in designing Interfaces and Data Migration principles
- Report development and Electronic Reporting framework
- Familiar with Power BI including embedded reports
- Applications built using PowerApps, LogicApps, DataVerse, DualWrite and other Azure Services including Azure Functions, Azure Event Grid, Azure Service Bus
- Automated build, packaging, and deployment pipeline
- Familiar with Power platform Admin Center
- 3+ years of experience designing solutions using microservice architectures
- 3+ years of experience in thought leadership, mentoring of staff and consulting teams
- 2+ years of experience developing enterprise data analytics with Azure SQL and at least one of the following: Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Synapse
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Must be able to interact well with multiple priorities in an extremely dynamic environment, initiating necessary tasks and ensuring complete follow up.
- Comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources
- Excellent communicator and ability to work as a team to accomplish a task
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Apps Solution Architect Certification
- Higher Education / EdTech industry experience
- Experience in C# and the .Net framework
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Familiarity with Program management principles, concepts, and methodologies (risk management, schedule management, requirements management)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA