Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
We are looking for a highly skilled Technical Architect with a strong background in architecture for building scalable, predictable, high-quality, and high-performance integration solutions for customers. As a Technical Architect, you will be responsible for building and maintaining integration frameworks in cloud environment with full understanding and enhancements to integrations with the platform. You will work with a team of experienced Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Developers, and have an in-depth understanding of unique business needs, excellent communication skills with all levels of business stakeholders including executive management, and a commitment to excellence. The Technical Architect will work with business partners to understand business objectives and ensure that best practices are followed by the team to provide a successful technical solution.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Helping architect scalable, highly available integration application solutions that leverage Azure Cloud
- Working with Business Analysts and Developers to transform new requirements into technical design
- Leading solution design in rearchitecting customer on-premise applications to leverage cloud based PaaS services
- Working with Data Specialists to monitor data quality and integrity
- Designing enterprise-level data ingestion and consumption solutions to meet business needs in Azure platform
- Designing data integration solutions using Azure iPaaS, REST API Endpoints in Azure
- Designing and developing frameworks for robust monitoring, alerting and reconciliation functionality. Utilizing hands-on technical expertise to support development (POC, Sample Code, Best Practices)
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns, and programming
- Advising and implementing Azure Cloud best practices
- Developing and maintaining technical guidelines in implementing continuous integration and DevOps practices
- Conducting root cause analysis on integration support incidents
- Working in a highly collaborative environment to solve challenging technical and business problems
- Providing technical architecture support and assistance for customer escalations and issues, including off-hours
- Multi-tasking many projects effectively
- Owning technical design quality and accountability of deliverables
- Prioritizing and scheduling assignments to meet team deadlines and goals
- Working in all aspects of development including (but not limited to) gathering requirements, development of technical components related to process scope, and supporting testing and post implementation support
- Sharing knowledge through technical presentations
- This role requires 25-50% travel to customer sites
- Good understanding of all SDLC Phases
- At least 8 years of experience leading Technical Architecture and developing cloud applications
- Experience with integration specific reference architecture, API Framework, microservices and Enterprise Integration Patterns, B2B, EAI and EII integrations
- Experience with Technical Architecture, development, and delivery with particular focus on Azure iPaaS (Logic Apps, ESB, API management, Event grid, Function Apps, DevOps)
- Expert knowledge in Azure migrations and Integration implementations
- Experience with ERP, CRM SaaS applications
- Experienced in troubleshooting and monitoring published processes from Cloud Services environment
- Expertise in Cloud Services best practices and REST API development best practices
- Experience developing with Azure SQL and at least one of the following: Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Synapse
- Strong Azure documentation experience and understanding of Azure security governance and policies
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Excellent communicator and ability to work as a team to accomplish a task
- Microsoft Azure Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA