Remote – United Kingdom
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology’s Solutions Engineering team explains, demonstrates, and proves the value of our technologies to clients. By listening and engaging to understand clients' educational strategies and key initiatives, they can identify critical capabilities where our solutions can deliver value. The team works alongside sales executives, channel partners, and service professionals to design the right solution set for clients so that they can realize the maximum value and alignment to their goals.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining expert-level knowledge and proficiency in Anthology products including their functionality, application, administration, and deployment methodologies
- Maintaining familiarity with our partner solutions and knowing when to propose them as part of a customer solution set
- Participating in client discovery calls, listening to customer desires, and creating account value proposals that relate Anthology solutions to customers’ strategic goals and initiatives
- Managing and delivering high-quality technical validation events (demonstrations, evaluations, pilots) to include tailoring the solution, configuration, and data to support customer requirements
- Working with all members of the regional sales teams to articulate product strategic value, develop client-focused solutions, and document solutions in proposals
- Building and maintaining Anthology champions in our customer/user community to include participation in trade shows, conferences, user groups, etc.
- Providing rapid, accurate responses to questions from sales teams and channel partners
- Providing insight, feedback, and recommendations to Product Managers to improve Anthology’s ability to respond to customer challenges
- Developing and delivering responses to RFPs/RFIs
- This role requires approximately 50-70% travel
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, Instructional Design, or another education-related field or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of the application of instructional technologies to varied teaching and learning environments, especially assessment and accreditation
- An understanding of enterprise-level IT infrastructure, deployment methodologies, and cloud/SaaS environments
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience, preferably in enterprise software and/or education technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional ability to present to small and large groups of people who may have varied roles, experience, and perspectives
- Ability to work independently in a geographically dispersed team
- Proven ability to engage effectively at the executive-level
- An advanced degree
- An understanding of procurement processes for higher education solutions in the EMEA region
- Significant experience working in higher education/corporate learning
- Technical expertise and working understanding of REST API and IMS standards
- Fluency in any other European language in addition to English
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.