Director, Product Management
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Services Engineering organization (PS) is focused on delivering an excellent client experience, providing seamless and consistent support through professional services. The PS organization demonstrates Anthology’s commitment to client success through its portfolio of professional services offerings. Aligned with rhythm of continuous release, it provides continuous proactive engagement, aligned with our maturing business model, simplifying our client relationship, and maximizing the impact of activity.
This position is responsible for the portfolio of professional services offerings and supporting the client experience from the perspective of the Enterprise Application Leadership persona. This persona is focused on the needs of leaders, throughout the lifecycle of enterprise application rollout.
The role requires a dynamic individual with a proven track record in educational technology, a restless drive for continuous improvement, and an understanding of the services and activities that support the effective use of technology to enhance learning. A successful candidate will understand the needs and motivations of the Enterprise Application Leadership persona, be able to develop a vision, clearly articulate requirements, and execute the plan for the services product portfolio. The candidate should have an integrator-mindset, a willingness to work collaboratively in virtual teams, and a keen interest of key global education themes.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing a vision and roadmap for the portfolio of professional services offerings to address the requirements of this based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research and own industry insight
- Working closely with Product Development and other teams to deliver services products that align with this vision, meet market needs, and are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard
- Developing a forecast for the portfolio based on input from regional leads, marketing, sales, delivery managers, and own experience
- Identifying the key benefits and value of the products in the portfolio. This will be used to create and maintain marketing plans, sales enablement, and client-facing collateral in collaboration with relevant teams within Blackboard
- Defining the strategy and roadmap for the portfolio of professional services offerings
- Managing the portfolio of services products throughout their lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Collecting, managing, and maintaining traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across services product releases
- Developing business cases for required investments and gaining internal approval
- Proposing a product marketing strategy and budget and ensuring strategy is executed by relevant colleagues
- Writing persona requirements and services product requirements documents
- Being the recognized expert in the business on the persona, the services product portfolio, relevant solutions, the challenges, and competition
- Developing core positioning and messaging for the services product portfolio
- Overseeing the development of client-facing collateral, demos, and samples
- Developing sales and solution engineer awareness and enablement plans and ensuring plans are executed in collaboration with colleagues
- Monitoring, reporting, and improving services product performance and evolving the services product portfolio to meet changing persona needs
- Developing and delivering go-to-market launch plans
- Collating feedback from sales and customers and feeding into portfolio roadmap
- Representing the voice of the persona to internal stakeholders
- Evangelizing the services product portfolio internally and externally, including webinars, presentations, blogposts, success stories, and white papers
- Being recognized as a leader in the business and building relations with business stakeholders
- Delivering a regular (e.g. monthly) volume, revenue, and profit forecasts
- This role requires approximately 10-15% travel
- 5+ years of experience in an educational technology company, higher education institution or K-12 school
- Creative thinker; ability to quickly understand the requirements of the persona, consider issues from different stakeholder perspectives and apply robust consultative problem-solving technique to develop vision
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans and business cases
- Experience in requirements gathering, interpreting qualitative and quantitative data, needs analysis, and prioritization
- Successful track record of leading a program of change that impacts business, processes, and technology
- Ability to work both independently and with a team to deliver high-quality outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and to engage effectively and credibly with colleagues across all levels of the organization to achieve goals
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills, and ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage the execution of a plan and to manage budgets, resources, and timescales
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent work ethic and drive, and commitment to innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to engage in consultative discovery and review exercises, to build trust, and to engage key stakeholders
- Experience liaising with senior management and securing commitment for plans
- Knowledge and understanding of key global educational themes and trends and the role of educational technology to support these
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to gain consensus and excellent presentation skills to enthuse and engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Experience with Student Information Systems in Higher Education
- Experience with strategic planning and change management
- Experience of project management methodologies and practices
- Experience in product management
- Some previous experience in developing and deploying new services offerings
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CA, CO, MA, HI