Sales Operations Analyst – Europe, Middle East, Africa
Bangalore, India OR Chennai, India
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Deal Support and Order Management team consults with Sales, Legal, Finance and Operations to guide and assist in all areas of the sales process at Anthology. The Sales Operations Analyst is a customer-focused source of information and acts as the authoritative sales partner to navigate complex CPQ quote configuration and internal processes to meet sales objectives. The Sales Operations Analyst is key to the successful closing of deals and is integral part of the process in driving new and renewal business.
The Sales Operations Analyst will play an integral role in the success of the group.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing front-line sales and finance operations consultation for the field sales organization; Specializing in the areas of quote configuration, finance policies and guidelines, sales best practices, negotiation of complex deals, and various other internal processes
- Managing a geographic territory that aligns with a specifically served go-to-market organization
- Managing market or region-specific knowledge in order to execute the sales process, such as local procurement rules, tax codes, etc.
- Understanding end-to-end processes and systems to ensure proper configuration of deals and any downstream process implications; This level of knowledge is integral to the downstream effectiveness of revenue recognition and cash flow
- Partnering with sales to find creative solutions to sales challenges for complex or non-standard deals; being the driving force on the finance and operations side of the business to close deals, while protecting core financial and business objectives
- Developing training content and delivering training for the sales organization in use of deal policies, guidelines and procedures, as needed
- Assisting in the development and dissemination of sales process guides and tools, creating communication assets and communication planning and execution
- Assisting sales with contract negotiations and liaison with Legal and Contracting teams
- Assisting with quote configuration and other support-related aspects of complex deals and transactions
- Advising sales team for policy and procedure compliance while partnering with Order Management and Invoicing Ops for policy and procedure compliance
- Working with your manager to improve processes through automation, improved tools, communication with clients and internal organizations, and more
- 2-3 years’ experience in a sales operations, sales support, or finance-supporting operational role
- Strong customer focus and the ability to use independent judgment to solve complex sales issues
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize to accomplish specific tasks
- Ability to manage, analyze, and track data for a sophisticated and often complex sales process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively partner with clients, customers, and fellow colleagues of all levels
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Intermediate experience using Excel
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- CRM and CPQ experience
- Advanced education (Business preferred) or equivalent experience
- Financial systems experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.