Senior Business Analyst
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
We are looking for Senior Business Analysts with a strong background in systems integrations requirements to help build scalable, predictable, high-quality, and high-performance integration solutions for our customers. You will help gather, document and review business requirements, build workflow process diagrams. You will work with a team of experienced Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Developers, and have an in depth understanding of unique business needs, excellent communication skills with all levels of business stakeholders including executive management, and a commitment to excellence. You will work with business partners to understand business objectives and ensure that best practices are followed by the team to provide a successful technical solution.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with customers to understand system integration and customization requirements
- Driving identification of requirements across business units and identify impacts to system configurations, data migration and other project tasks.
- Documenting requirements in the form of user stories that are broken down into deliverable, iteratively developed functionality; determine scenarios and acceptance criteria to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to the development team; provide business and user perspectives to the development team.
- Working directly with the technical managers to ensure requirements sign off and timely delivery of the solutions
- Communicating requirements to architects, developers, and other stakeholders
- Working directly with the test team and assist with the creation of test plans relevant to integration use cases
- Creating, managing, and updating backlog tasks within Azure DevOps
- Contributing to training and support for other Business Analyst team members
- Being a leader of continuous improvement
- Defining improvements to business processes, seek new approaches to business problems utilizing existing tools/products and innovations as appropriate
- Understanding business strategy and business planning principles and applies with minimal guidance to assigned work
- Understanding new and emerging technologies, their capabilities, and how to translate to technical specifications for purposes of design, build and integration
- Effective (or Strong) communicator (written & verbal) with active listening skills
- Ability to facilitate small group/team discussions
- Helping validate customer UAT test conditions & results
- Triaging and prioritizing testing, post-implementation, and production defects
- Supporting technology release events, prior/during/post-deployment
- Demonstrating tools and products to the user community and prospective stakeholders. Identify opportunities to expand product adoption
- Preparing 'as is' and 'to be' process workflows, identify high-level gaps & differences Properly set expectations of prospective clients, relative to platform functionality on the roadmap
- Maintaining effective relationships with sponsors, stakeholders, and key partners
- 3+ years’ experience conducting business analysis or solutions analysis work
- 5+ years of experience with business process design and re-engineering
- Experience in identifying and documenting requirements through direct communication with customer
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong organization skills are essential, comfortable speaking to business teams or technology resources
- High Level understanding of functional business process flows and system integration functional design
- Able to understand and effectively communicate overarching solution strategy to provide context to technical requirements and specifications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with demonstrated capability in preparation and delivery of briefings to a varying audience within an organization (team level, mid management, executive)
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical and non-technical briefing to support status reporting on projects/programs
- Excellent communicator and ability to work as a team to accomplish a task
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics, or other related fields
- 5+ years of experience Business / Solution Analysis experience in ERP implementation projects
- Application knowledge of CRM, Student Information Systems, Finance systems, Learning Management System and other EdTech vendors
- Familiarity with Program management principles, concepts, and methodologies (risk management, schedule management, requirements management)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with software testing and quality assurance principles
- 25% travel is preferred
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA