Client Experience Manager
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology’s Client Experience Managers have a broad role that requires strong client orientation, domain expertise, product knowledge, and account management skills. In this role you will work closely with the Account Executive and be responsible for account engagement, product adoption, client satisfaction, and ultimately client retention. This role is cross-functional and empowered to marshal organizational resources to promote the successful adoption of our solutions, to develop resources to address customer needs, and to resolve emerging customer issues by identifying and targeting root causes, while balancing the business and strategic goals of the company.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong relationships with clients centered on ensuring their success
- Conducting quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with clients to ensure progress on shared business objectives
- Developing and implementing account engagement and execution plans to ensure client health and growth
- Fostering ongoing customer engagement in part through providing opportunities for increased product adoption and training
- Monitoring overall client health and identifying any potential risks to client sentiment or renewal
- Regularly participating in community engagement programs and activities
- Managing the client relationship proactively, including internal escalation of client support issues
- Positioning new product releases and applicable services offerings to increase client adoption and clients’ sense of value from their investment with Anthology
- Working together with Account Executive to identify account goals and alignment of client needs with potential opportunities; identifying new solutions for customers and referring cross and upsell leads to Account Executive for follow-up
- Providing best practice recommendations; assisting clients in solving point-in-time challenges, and partnering with the client to support the overall goal of increased satisfaction and adoption of our solutions
- Serving as an internal advocate for the client, helping to drive support and change when necessary to help the client to achieve their business objectives
- Serving as project manager and executing tailored plans both internally and externally, and proactively providing next-step support, including:
- External: managing the customer experience through regular meetings, recommendations, crafting of responses back to customers after internal alignment, executing client outreach strategies such as “lunch & learn” events, faculty adoption strategies, and supporting the growth of client peer networks
- Internal: escalation, identify and engage SMEs as needed, regular meetings with SMEs to support identified issues, provide direction and ensure focus on client and Anthology business needs
- Acting as an information conduit from Anthology and the industry to customers, providing latest information on both Anthology products & services and industry trends
- Projecting a favorable public image of the company to promote its objectives and goals and enhance client relationships
- This role requires 25-50% travel to support on-site client engagements and events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related experience in Client Experience, Customer Success, and/or Education Technology serving the higher education sector
- Understanding of the application of instructional and administrative technologies to varied teaching and learning environments, especially for institutional assessment or continuous improvement
- Strong customer-service orientation and ability to communicate with empathy, sensitivity, and professionalism
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including facilitating productive and action oriented executive sessions
- Ability to work independently, and to proactively identify and respond to emerging challenges in a dynamic environment
- Proven track record of successfully managing large/high value accounts and developing strong client relationships with all levels of an organization
- Advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multitask and to consistently perform under the pressure of deadlines and other demands by appropriately triaging tasks according to strategic priorities
- Highly organized, proactive and impactful communicator driven by a desire to help clients succeed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
- Advanced degree in Information Technology Management, Instructional Technology, or another education- related field
- Experience working in a Client Experience or Customer Success role at a Software-as-a-Service technology company
- Experience working in e-learning, instructional design or instructional technology management, institutional research, or media services industries
- Experience in a technology-focused position within a higher education institution
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CA, CO, MA