Associate Software Engineer
Chennai, India or Bangalore, India
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology’s Integration team focuses on building solutions that would ensure smooth integration between the products of Anthology and also with applications from clients’ side. Using both industry standard and cutting-edge technologies, our team develop innovative, custom solutions that extend, enhance, and integrate Anthology’s enterprise products. As an Associate Software Engineer on this team, you will play an integral role in the success of the Integration team within Anthology. A successful candidate will be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and implement software solutions
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serving as an expert in Anthology’s products, including their architecture, functionality, and deployment methodologies
- Designing and documenting development tasks within system of record
- Developing in an agile environment of front-end web technologies like AngularJS and Foundation
- Creating applications that work well across browsers and platforms, including responsive design for mobile support.
- Generating necessary unit and integration testing and results to be included in code reviews
- Helping to create and maintaining Visual Style guides for Web solutions, driving the corporate UX direction
- Adhering to established delivery methodology, quality standards and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent relevant bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of software development lifecycle and associated processes
- Basic skills at backend engineering using object oriented Java- Spring, MongoDB, Postgress and other libraries and micro frameworks.
- Basic experience in HTML/CSS3
- Knowledge in cloud based – micro services design and architecture
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design and client consumption
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical and organizational
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed
- Time management prioritization skills, and ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent work ethic and drive, great interpersonal skills, team oriented, and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of bug tracking, versioning and repository systems
- Fundamental understanding of sequence design process (waterfall) and agile software development process methods
- General experience with the MEAN technology stack, focus on AngularJS and React
- Fundamental use of standard digital tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle, Balsamic)
- Fluency in server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Stash/GitHub and Perforce
- Fundamental understanding of key usages of Confluence, Jira Bug Tracking, Jira Agile (GreenHopper) and versioning and repository systems
- Working knowledge with behavior-driven development (BDD), unit-testing frameworks like Jasmine or SinonJS and automatized functional testing infrastructures
- Exposure in Spring MVC using Java
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop
We have an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
- Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
- Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
- Office provides lunch and snacks on all working days
- Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
- Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
- ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.