Senior Technical Analyst
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology is seeking a highly skilled Senior Technical Analyst with a strong background in building top-quality scalable, predictable, and high-performance solutions using SQL. The Senior Technical Analyst will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing solutions using procedures, scripts, reports, and DTS/SSIS packages. This person will work with a team of experienced analysts, architects, and developers to build enterprise level data migration and conversion solutions, custom data deliverables, and integration solutions. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, as well as solid data base experience.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with customers and internal teams to understand requirements and develop reporting solutions. Presenting the data in a way that is meaningful to the business
- Gathering business requirements, devising priorities, conducting process analysis, developing business cases, as well as designing, developing, and documenting dashboards, alerts, and reports
- Providing development support and assistance for customer escalations and issues, including off-hours
- Multi-tasking many projects effectively
- Owning quality and accountability of deliverables
- Prioritizing and scheduling assignments to meet team deadlines and goals
- Developing new functionality on our existing software products
- Owning database development, data integration, data quality, and ETL experience using SQL Server/Azure SQL Server
- Participating in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid development schedule
- Ensuring compliance with all security, safety, and environmental regulations and policies within work area including properly addressing issues through action or reporting issues and concerns to manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, Business Information Technology, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server development
- 2+ years’ experience in SSRS including ability to develop reports
- Experience completing enterprise data migrations/conversions from one system to another system as a part of implementation
- Solid understanding of the SDLC phases utilizing waterfall or agile methodologies
- Experience identifying and documenting requirements through direct communication with customer
- Experience debugging and optimizing existing SQL scripts
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Solid knowledge of SQL Server 2016, Azure SQL Database with development of complex stored procedures, views, Azure Data Factory, and other SQL objects
- Performance tuning, code profiling, code review, hands-on experience using Best Practices
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong organization skills
- Comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources
- Ability to interact well with multiple priorities in an extremely dynamic environment, initiating necessary tasks and ensuring complete follow up
- Proficient in MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, Outlook, and Visio
- Good understanding and experience on Enterprise migration Patterns for B2B
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI and/or Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Knowledge of Higher Education, Student Information Systems, CRM Systems
- Microsoft Certification
- Higher education knowledge
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA