Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
We are looking for a highly skilled Principal Developer with a strong background in building scalable, predictable, high-quality, and high-performance integration solutions for customers. You will work with a team of experienced Business Analysts, Technical Architects, Developers, and business resources to build high-performance enterprise-level integration solutions. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills as well as a solid object-oriented programming experience.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining integrations in cloud environment
- Interacting closely with Integration Analysts/Architects to understand software requirements and design solutions
- Assisting Integration Architects with providing estimates for Integration Solutions
- Developing and implementing enterprise-level data ingestion and consumption solutions to meet business needs in Azure platform
- Developing various REST API Endpoints in Azure
- Developing robust monitoring, alerting, and reconciliation functionality
- Developing data integration solutions using Azure iPaaS
- Implementing continuous integration and DevOps practices
- Conducting root cause analysis on integration support incidents
- Working in a highly collaborative environment to solve challenging technical and business problems
- Providing development support and assistance for customer escalations and issues, including off-hours
- Multi-tasking many projects effectively
- Owning quality and accountability of deliverables
- Prioritizing and scheduling assignments to meet team deadlines and goals
- Working in all aspects of development including (but not limited to) gathering requirements, development of technical components related to process scope, and supporting testing and post implementation support
- Sharing knowledge through technical presentations
- This role requires 25-50% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years’ experience in application development in C#, ASP.NET, MVC, REST, SOA and SQL Server/Azure SQL
- Good understanding of all SDLC Phases
- Thorough understanding of REST API development, with an emphasis on security and performance
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Extensive understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience writing unit/integration tests and developing applications using a Test-Driven Development approach
- Excellent communicator and ability to work with a team to accomplish a task
- Good understanding of and experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns, B2B, EAI and EII integrations
- Experience in troubleshooting and monitoring published processes from Cloud Services environment
- Experience in developing high quality extensible and reusable code solutions and API Framework
- Knowledge of Cloud Services best practices and REST API development best practices
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Solid knowledge of SQL with the development of stored procedures, performance tuning, code profiling
- Comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in an extremely dynamic environment, initiating necessary tasks and ensuring complete follow up
- Microsoft Certification
- Knowledge of Student Information Systems, CRM Systems, ERPs
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA