Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
This is a senior manager position reporting to the VP, Corporate Controller with the primary responsibility of internal and external financial reporting and technical accounting. The Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, will play an integral role within our Finance department.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the preparation of all quarterly and annual reporting requirements to owners and lenders, including the details forming the basis of the financial statements and disclosures, covenant compliance and MD&A.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual balance sheets, statements of operations, statements of cash flows, and statements of stockholders’ equity for management reporting
- Oversee technical and operational accounting for equity-based compensation transactions, equity components, intangible assets, goodwill, debt, and ad-hoc technical matters or legal contingencies as part of the monthly close process.
- Assisting in the company’s common stock, goodwill and intangible valuations prepared by third-party specialists.
- Interfacing with the external auditors on accounting issues in support of the company's reporting and disclosure positions.
- Perform accounting calculations (such as purchase price accounting and asset disposals) and journal entries as well as preparation of related financial statement footnotes for all the Company’s M&A activities
- Monitoring of the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies, i.e., FASB, IASB, SEC, AICPA, EITF, etc., and assisting in the evaluation of the impact on the company's policies and financial statements
- Documentation and review of global accounting policies and procedures in compliance with all accounting and reporting standards.
- Research of technical accounting issues regarding the company's evaluation of technically complex transactions and special accounting projects., including but not limited to, acquisition accounting, asset disposals, reporting unit analysis, going concern.
- Oversee preparation of all international subsidiary statutory financial statements. Key international financial statement audits include Netherlands, UK, Australia, and Singapore.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 6-9+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Active CPA License
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with varying levels of employees and senior management
- Strong computer skills: Proficient Excel skills, general ledger/accounting systems, and other Microsoft Office products
- Public accounting experience
- Experience accounting for multiple domestic and international subsidiaries
- Experience working with Dynamics 365, Peoplesoft, SalesForce or PowerBI
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA