Technical Project Manager
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com
We’re looking for a highly skilled Technical Project Manager with a strong background in project managing the integration projects that are built by the Technical Services teams in cloud environment. As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, tracking the integration projects working with a team of experienced Program Managers, Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Developers, and have an in-depth understanding of unique business needs, excellent communication skills with all levels of business stakeholders including executive management, and a commitment to excellence.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for the overall performance and delivery of defined scopes of work as indicated by customer satisfaction, quality of products and services provided.
- Developing technical project schedules and documentation
- Advocating for effective project management and Agile practices designed to enable teams and portfolios to succeed and to advance our organization’s maturity and business agility
- Leveraging a lean-Agile mindset to influence parties within and outside the organization regarding policies, practices, and procedures
- Identifying and managing cross-team and project dependencies and helping teams mitigate risks in schedule and scope
- Managing multiple concurrent projects at various stages of implementation and ensure that projects are appropriately staffed from initiation to delivery to be successful
- Monitoring and controlling work in progress for technical adequacy and alignment with project requirements
- Providing active assistance to the project team to meet schedules and resolve complex technical or customer requirements
- Providing consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, significant issue management and resolution reporting, and communicating with the internal teams
- This role requires approximately 20% travel
- Experience working in a program/project management role managing multiple concurrent large-scale technical programs and/or projects
- Understanding of or willingness to learn about implementing lean governance practices (e.g., lean portfolio management, Agile portfolio operations, participatory budgeting)
- Proficient in the technical skills of an Agile Project Manager, including:
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with a focus on details
- Ability to multitask within projects and across projects
- Ability to identify and solve problems with guidance and support from leadership and peers
- Capable of collaborating with cross-functional, globally distributed teams and stakeholders to establish and secure a reliable and productive working relationship
- Comfortable presenting to stakeholders at all levels of the organization including technical experts, business owners and executive level staff
- Comfortable working in geographically distributed virtual teams
- Familiarity with building relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Develop and manage project schedules using modern tools including Azure DevOps
- Experience implementing EDTECH domain with SaaS vendors
- 3-5 years experience working as a full-lifecycle project manager delivering technical software development projects in Azure platform
- At least 3-5 successful full cycle ERP implementations or D365 projects or cloud migration rollouts
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA