Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The UI/UX Designer reports to the Senior Manager of Creative Services and is responsible for delivering (Design Ready) templates as well as producing innovative and high-quality (Made to Order) web design mockups that meet the needs of the client.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Delivering Blackboard Design Ready templates with quality and consistency
- Creating layered Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or XD files that meet client objectives
- Presenting ideas and concepts to client, team, and/or manager, and incorporating feedback as needed
- Providing all relevant files and materials for project completion
- Effectively communicating with clients and internal team members on project phases, goals, and completion dates
- Developing/using internal resources or identifying external resources to create quality solutions that result in positive outcomes
- Independently interacting with clients to gain client trust and develop relationships
- Being responsible for the quality of each design solution
- Updating 3rd party project management programs as well as using sound communication skills to keep clients and coworkers up to date on projects
- Implementing the standards, processes, or procedures currently maintained for the Creative Services team
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of Blackboard's Web Community Manager and associated K12 products and services
- Maintaining high individual performance in areas of utilization and project efficiency
- Representing Blackboard in a professional capacity both internally and externally
- Strong design portfolio
- Skills in typography, color, composition, and general graphic design best practices pertaining to logo and (responsive) web design
- Uses state-of-the-art computerized graphic design software—and able to learn quickly and adapt as the technology becomes more sophisticated
- Possess a solid understanding of web design usability and information architecture
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communications skills
- Possess a keen eye regarding a high level of detail
- Accustomed to working on multiple complex projects simultaneously and maintaining a high quality of work
- Encourages passion and excitement in peers
- Passion and enthusiasm for web design and technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to design solutions for accessibility based on the W3C WCAG 2.0 AA standards and Section 508 guidelines
- Understanding of UI/UX design principles
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA