Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Data Architect will develop and maintain ETL processes and tooling in support of Anthology system data migration efforts.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading, interfacing, and working with business stakeholders to understand the business and functional requirements to develop ETL processes in support of system implementations
- Playing a leadership role in the design, implementation and development of ETL processes
- Managing all aspects of the data architecture, including models, data staging and ETL framework
- Collaborating with other cross-functional IT software/data personnel on development of EDW/database components
- Designing, developing, and maintaining solutions
- Interacting well with team members while maintaining multiple priorities in an extremely dynamic environment, initiating necessary tasks, and ensuring complete follow through
- Effectively multi-tasking with many projects consistently
- Owning quality and accountability of deliverables
- Bachelor's degree required, preferable in computer science, computer programming or related field
- 4+ years ERP experience
- 5+ years ETL and SQL server database development experience
- Solid knowledge of SQL Server 2019 with the development of complex stored procedures, views and other SQL objects
- Experience with performance tuning, code profiling, code review, hands-on experience using Best Practices
- Experience debugging and optimizing existing SQL scripts
- Experience identifying and documenting requirements through direct communication with the customer
- Strong oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources both internal and external
- 2+ years SIS higher education experience
- Microsoft BI Stack tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Background or familiarity with data governance, metadata management, taxonomy management, master data management and data security.
- Experience with Azure SQL and Azure Data Factory
- Experience working with DevOps or other version control tools
- Experience completing enterprise data migrations/conversions from one system to another system as a part of the implementation
- Hands-on experience with relational and dimensional modeling practices
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA