Enterprise Project Manager
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Project Manager defines project objectives and scope and manages implementation activities from the creation of the project planning and initiation documents, including, but not limited to, project schedules, slide decks, and project governance documents, to the go-live and transition to support services for Anthology implementation projects. In accordance with Anthology’s standard implementation methodology, the Project Manager drives the entire implementation process to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and within budget. The Project Manager works with the Resource Manager to ensure the project is properly staffed for project requirements.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing project activities in line with approved scope, schedule, and budget daily
- Applying expert understanding of and maintaining accountability for all client-facing documentation including functional, technical, and/or end-user materials with minimal supervision
- Establishing positive, professional relationship with client staff inclusive of professional demeanor, conduct, and appearance
- Defining project scope and deliverables including the creation of a baseline project schedule and budget, including creating project strategies, organization and governance based on Anthology’s implementation methodology
- Executing project communication strategy including regular project and executive status reporting
- Developing contingency/recovery plans which could determine the economic impact and critical success factors related to business decisions
- Negotiating with customers to set and manage expectations. Managing conflicting customer requests and complex issues/problems
- Defining project team roles and responsibilities
- Providing direction to resolve complex problems, collaborating with others as appropriate, identifying trends. Maintaining accountability for the timely resolution of project-related issues
- Identifying need for change or development of new processes to meet changing needs or improve effectiveness of the entire implementation. Guiding process improvement efforts by assessing risks and applying innovative problem-solving techniques
- This role requires approximately 25-50% travel including possible weekend travel
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance) or 8 years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years project management experience implementing complex software packages and/or ERP implementations
- Advanced skills in successfully managing projects to completion within a defined scope, schedule, and budget
- Proficient with project management methodologies and processes, including Schedule Management, Issue Management, Risk Management, Decision Management, Scope Management, Project Budget Management, Communications Management, Project Change Management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team to meet goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead client project meetings
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the post-secondary higher education administrative structure
- Highly developed customer-facing skills, including proven listening skills and the ability to network with client staff
- Ability to establish strong relationships within the organization to achieve results
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly to explain Anthology products and services to customers and to assist with simple implementation tasks as necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office applications
- PMP certification
- Master's degree
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Microsoft Project Operations and Project for the Web
- Higher Education industry experience
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA