Job Req: 1740
Company Entity: Blackboard Information Technology India Private Limited
Community: Global Marketing & Communications
Location: Chennai, India
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2022
Travel Requirements: None
Lead Development Representative
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
As part of the Inside Sales team here at Anthology, you’ll focus on helping to promote the Anthology suite of products and services through a consultative selling approach. This team works to effectively align the Anthology products to customer business objectives and demonstrate a quantifiable value proposition for the customer.
As Lead Development Representative, you will report to the Head of Marketing, Asia Pacific and work with the relevant field marketing and account executives to identify new potential opportunities by effectively communicating to specific target accounts and with leads generated through corporate and field marketing campaigns. Working primarily over the phone, you will be responsible for helping to identify buying cycles, pending purchasing decisions, and technology spending plans, decision-makers, and systems in use for Higher Education institutions and companies with professional development programs. You will also raise awareness and consideration for Anthology products and services within these prospect accounts, with the goal of handing a warm lead to the relevant field rep, and will help set appointments for that rep.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Identifying opportunities from target accounts and effectively communicating them to the right team members
· Collaborating with Anthology account executives and marketing to develop demand programs that align with company, market, and sales focus areas
· Working closely within the Salesforce relationship management system to store intelligence and specific follow-ups for potential opportunities
· Preparing for industry conferences and other events by identifying top attendees to invite and/or scheduling appointments for Sales Executives
· Identifying key decision-makers at potential institutions and effectively communicating Anthology’s value proposition to them
· Influencing potential customers’ perception of Anthology solutions and services
· Scheduling appointments for customers and prospects with sales reps
· Prioritizing and managing outbound call/prospecting activities
· Prioritizing and managing inbound call activities and follow through
· Tracking and reporting key metrics of inbound and outbound
· Creating and presenting activity reports
· 2+ years of professional experience in inside sales, sales, or sales support including experience in a professional services organization
· Proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding goals
· Ability to research organizations and identify key decision-makers
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact across multiple departments and with clients
· Highly organized; ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
· Light experience using a CRM (Salesforce.com preferred)
We have an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
· Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
· Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
· Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
· Office provides lunch Tuesday – Thursday and evening snacks Monday – Friday
· Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
· Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
· ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.