Remote - United States
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Delivery Director (DD) is a critical leadership role within our Professional Services organization. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of the Project Management Office and has overall delivery, customer satisfaction and financial performance responsibility for assigned, enterprise projects. The Delivery Director has ownership and accountability for achieving revenue, margin, and utilization targets to drive forecast accuracy. They will be responsible for building, developing, and leading a team of Project Managers to ensure that projects are delivered with the highest quality.
The Delivery Director provides strategic oversight and senior-level stakeholder management during the critical implementation phase of the customer journey. In this capacity, the DD is expected to exercise professionalism and model sound business acumen in helping achieve aggressive financial targets, deliver customer delight, and develop a competent and engaged resource pool. The Delivery Director will be challenged to manage her/his own time, act with autonomy, proactively manage risk and serve as a business leader.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building and managing a team of project management professionals who lead Anthology services teams in implementing our suite of higher education technology solutions, as well as data conversions, integrations, reporting and analytics.
- Taking ownership of project success by directing, mentoring, and coaching
- Manifesting an understanding of project management practices and principles (triple constraints, risks/issues management, best practices, etc.)
- Serving as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolves conflicts involving project priorities, resources, and/or contractual issues with the customer
- Demonstrating the ability to quickly understand a business situation; make a good judgment and prompt decision to facilitate expedition of resolutions and navigate to successful outcomes
- Working collaboratively with internal departments (i.e. Development Project Managers, Product Management, Client Services, Marketing, The Learning Center, etc.) to properly leverage resources to address customer needs.
- Building positive working relationships/partnerships to be a trusted advisor/partner with:
- sales organization/regional team
- consulting practice managers
- customers, and is recognized by the customer as the delivery executive responsible for the ensuring overall delivery excellence
- Consistent demonstration of leadership and communications maturity within the political landscape when resolving/negotiating difficult situations among varied stakeholders
- Ensuring adherence to quality standards and documented processes in day-to-day activities
- Conducting periodic reviews of quality processes and implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Interfacing with customer project stakeholders, including C-level management and directors, to elicit business and functional requirements
- Proactively addressing performance concerns with applicable manager; provides performance evaluation input for project resources
- Focusing on timely, proactive communications, cascades messages to project teams
- Has a thorough understanding of the key performance indicators and metrics for the business and manages them to successful levels on a consistent basis
- Proactively managing the financial details of the business including, but not limited to forecasting revenue, concessions/giveaways, backlog management, and EBITDA
- Working collaboratively with the Delivery and Services team leadership to develop and/or improve the practice as a whole, including strategies, policies, and processes; supports and promotes the use of leading-edge delivery methodologies and best practices
- This role requires approximately 20-40% travel
- Bachelor’s Degree required (in Business, Finance, Information Technology preferred)
- 12+ years of experience in Professional Services, Consulting or Project Management with extensive customer interface related to the implementation of enterprise class software
- Strong oral and written communication skills; effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem-solving
- An ‘action orientation’ and ‘sense of urgency’ in service delivery and everyday activities
- Self-starter. Assertively takes on challenging responsibilities and holds self ultimately accountable for results and performance
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills. Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Proven people management experience, with a track record of effectively developing and managing direct staff
- Experience with financial outlooks/actuals
- Experience with capacity planning
- Hands-on leadership style. Able to lean in on initiatives to drive successful outcomes
- Track record of success working closely with a sales organization and enabling revenue growth
- Ability to participate in a virtual office setting and maintain an active and dynamic presence via phone and email
- Professional and polished demeanor, Executive presence
- Excellent customer service, relationship management and facilitation skills. Ability to influence peers, supervisors, and subordinates across the business to achieve business outcomes
- Strong personal leadership and management skills, with a collaborative style; ability to participate at the strategic and tactical levels of the company; persistent, flexible, and resilient
- MBA, Masters or Doctoral degree in Education, Ed Administration, or MIS
- 5+ years of Higher Education experience either in delivering professional services or as a Higher Education leader
- PMP Certification
- Experience managing ERP implementations in a Cloud deployment environment
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA