Software Engineer, Data Platform
Brno, Czech Republic
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
We are building up a group within Anthology focused on data platform. This team’s mission is to bring data together from across Anthology’s extensive product lines into our cloud-based data lake. We are the analytics and data experts at Anthology. Our team enables other development teams to strategically and effectively utilize the data lake for a variety of Anthology products. We deliver products and services for analytics, data science, business intelligence, and reporting.
The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in software development, scaled infrastructure, containerization, pipeline development, and configuration management.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Learning quickly and developing creative solutions that encompass performance, reliability, maintainability and security
- Applying hands-on implementation solutions using AWS tool suite and other components to support Anthology products that utilize an expansive data lake
- Working with the development manager, product manager and engineering team on projects related to system research, product design, product development, and defect resolution
- Being willing to respond to the unique challenges of delivering and maintaining cloud-based software. This includes minimizing down-time, troubleshooting live production environments, and responding to client-reported issues
- Working with other engineering personnel to ensure consistency among products
- Through continued iteration on existing development processes, ensuring that we’re leading by example, fixing things that aren’t working and always improving our expectations of ourselves and others
- Thriving in the face of difficult problems
- Working independently with general supervision
- At least 2 years of experience designing and developing solutions
- Knowledge of OOP
- Well-rounded professional programming knowledge
- Knowledge of professional engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience designing, developing, and operating scalable near real time data pipelines and stream processing
- Experience designing and implementing ETL processes
- Practical experience working with a cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud)
You can look forward to:
- Using a broader set of tools in the AWS tool suite (CDK, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, S3, KMS, Batch, DynamoDB, DMS)
- Using/learning SQL - Snowflake
- Writing code that will be automatically translated to multiple modern languages
- Working on a modern education and e-learning solution
- Working in a kind community of warm and welcoming people who want to help each other improve
We have an office in the beautiful and vibrant city of Brno.
- Great office location in city center near Luzanky
- Accessible by public transportation as well as bike, with bike stands and showers in the office
- Cozy personal office spaces where you can shut your door to really focus or leave it open to interact with others
- Flexible work hours with no expectations of overtime
- Great benefits including health & life insurance and English lessons
- Countless places to eat within walking distance
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.