Consultant, Business Analyst & QA Lead
Remote – United States
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology’s Consulting Software Solutions team works with clients to solve a wide variety of technology challenges. Using both industry-standard and cutting-edge technologies, our consultants develop innovative, custom solutions that extend, enhance, and integrate Anthology’s enterprise products. As Consultant, Business Analyst and QA Lead, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and interface directly with clients to define requirements, draft specifications, and implement software solutions. You will cover the European, RMEA, and APAC territories.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serving as an expert in Anthology products including their architecture, functionality, and deployment methodologies
- Actively gathering and documenting business requirements including user stories, use cases, test plan, test cases, and test data and translating them into technical specifications, designs, and client-facing test plans using an Agile approach
- Work with manager to estimate work and prototyping UI components associated with level of effort within project timeline
- Acting as liaison with non-technical client team members to translate requirements to technical team
- Producing mock-ups and wireframes to help clients articulate their requirements
- Adhering to established delivery methodology, quality standards, and best practices
- Creating client-facing documents and presentations including formal UAT documents, test reports, test matrices, test cases, and release notes
- Facilitating client meetings, setting and managing expectations on multiple projects
- Serving as a strategic alliance between Consulting, Sales, Product Development, and Marketing to ensure that initiatives and efforts align with overall mission and strategy
- Engaging in strategic conversations with Sales and client constituents to ensure that appropriate services are in place during initial implementation
- Maintaining a flexible work schedule to meet client needs
- This role requires up to 30% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the software development lifecycle and associated processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Experience in web-based applications focused on course management, mobile, portals, content management, or similar application with mostly user-contributed content with exposure to all tiers
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and can build relationships with internal and external organizations
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills and can manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments with competing deadlines
- Ability to pay precise attention to detail; excellent work ethic; solid problem-solving skills
- An understanding of bug tracking, versioning, and repository systems
- Proficiency in MS Office products, specifically Word, Visio, and Excel or compatible productivity software
- Experience in a client-facing consulting capacity
- Previous experience in the education or knowledge management industries and with e-learning technologies (preferably Anthology products)
- A fundamental understanding of sequence design process (waterfall) and Agile software development process methods
- A fundamental understanding of key usages of Confluence, Jira Bug Tracking, Jira Agile (GreenHopper) and versioning and repository systems
- Previous experience with QA Automation and Selenium
- A working knowledge of mockup generation software such as Balsamiq
- A working knowledge of server platforms (Linux/Unix, Windows Server 2003-2008)
- A working knowledge of relational databases and query languages
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.