Principal Project Manager
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Principal Project Manager is responsible for providing project management leadership for Anthology’s higher education, business, and government accounts. The Principal Project Manager is a critical role that must be able to lead complex projects that require working across both client(s) and Anthology’s organizations, in both functional and technical capacities. Principal Project Managers must employ highly developed relationship management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills to build rapport across levels of the organization, developing a deep understanding of the client needs and acting strategically to build the partnership and recommend approaches and solutions to achieve client goals.
Anthology Professional Services Principal Project Managers collaborate with and lead teams and stakeholders at all levels of the company and client organization to provide consistent, high-quality projects, programs, accounts, and change management services. They drive client value by blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile approach in the right proportions to fit projects of varying size and complexity with the appropriate level of planning to provide the right balance of agility and predictability. The Principal Project Manager takes full accountability for the proper and consistent execution of all projects that are part of their project portfolio.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading cross-functional teams in the delivery of projects using agile methods with a high level of complexity, directly affecting Anthology’s strategy to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget and with a high level of quality and customer satisfaction
- Working closely with sponsors, stakeholders, users, technical team leads, technical and non-technical resources, and project management to execute core project management functions end-to-end on strategic projects that range in scope, and budget involving high levels of risk and complexity
- Acting as an initial point of client escalation for the project for issues requiring additional attention
- Serving in an advisory and consultative role to teams and stakeholders on all project activities
- Influencing and executing project management methodologies and standards including those within the PMI PMBOK, and Anthology PMO procedures, and ensuring they are followed by all project team members
- Possessing advanced level skills in producing and delivering communications to the executive level and experience assessing projects, summarizing results, and producing management reports
- Actively seeking and identifying opportunities for new business with existing clients and communicating them to the appropriate sales teams
- Motivating and leading project teams and instilling a mindset of collaboration and continuous process improvement
- Advocating for and coaching clients in appropriate Change Management activities to support the project, program, and team success. Proactively assisting the project manager in identifying and mitigating risks associated with change resistance, noncompliance, and inflexibility in internal and external team members.
- Mentor and coach project management team as assigned to improve delivery performance and to encourage skills development.
- This role requires 25% travel
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 or more years of professional services or equivalent project management experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong organization skills
- Proficient in MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, Outlook, and Visio
- Advanced skills in successfully managing complex enterprise level projects to completion within a defined scope, schedule, and budget
- Proficient with project management methodologies and processes including Schedule Management, Issue Management, Risk Management, Decision Management, Scope Management, Project Budget Management, Communications Management, Project Change Management
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex enterprise level multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team to meet goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead client project meetings
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the post-secondary higher education administrative structure
- Highly developed client-facing skills, including proven listening skills and the ability to network with client staff
- Ability to establish strong relationships within the organization to achieve results
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly to explain Anthology products and services to clients and to assist with simple implementation tasks as necessary
- Master’s degree in business, computer science, project management
- PMP and/or Agile Certification
- Experience in the education industry, including the implementation of e-learning technologies and education administration systems.
- Proficiency in any or all of the following areas:
- Online course design and development, including content and digital asset management.
- Implementation of large-scale change management programs involving multiple constituencies within educational institutions.
- Understanding of the management of the full student lifecycle within education institutions, including systems and processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint and Teams
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Kantata, or other Project Management Tools
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.