Principal Business Systems Analyst, ERP
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in systems requirements to help build scalable, predictable, high-quality, and high-performance solutions for our Finance, Accounting and HR customers. This person will help gather, document, and review business requirements. They will work with a team of experienced Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Developers, and Quality Assurance (QA) professionals, and have an in-depth understanding of unique business needs, excellent communication skills with all levels of business stakeholders including executive management, and a commitment to excellence. This person will work with business partners to understand business objectives and ensure that best practices are followed by the team to provide a successful solution.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the IT PMs to execute and/or advise on the planning, design, and delivery strategy of tactical ERP and HR business projects including M&A migrations
- Working directly with internal customers to understand system integration and customization requirements and bridging the gap between the technical resources and the business teams to implement business functionality across systems
- Driving identification of requirements across the business and identifying impacts to system configurations, data migration and other project tasks
- Documenting requirements in the form of user stories that are broken down into deliverable, iteratively developed functionality; determining scenarios and acceptance criteria to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to the development team; providing business and user perspectives to the development team
- Working directly with the technical team to ensure requirements sign off and timely delivery of the solutions
- Communicating requirements to architects, developers, and QA team members and working closely with the teams as the development is ongoing
- Working directly with the test team and assisting with the creation of test plans relevant to business use cases for each project
- Creating, managing, and updating development backlog tasks
- Contributing to training and support for other team members
- Being a leader of continuous improvement. Defining improvements to business processes, seeking new approaches to business problems utilizing existing tools/products and innovations as appropriate
- Understanding business strategy and business planning principles and applying with minimal guidance to assigned work
- Helping validate customer UAT test conditions & results
- Triaging and prioritizing testing, post-implementation support, and production defects
- Supporting technology release events, prior/during/post-deployment
- Preparing 'as is' and 'to be' process workflows, identifying high-level gaps & differences
- Properly setting expectations of prospective clients, relative to platform functionality on the roadmap
- Maintaining effective relationships with sponsors, stakeholders, and key partners
- Facilitating small group/team discussions
- University degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in ERP systems support and implementation including both Finance and HR applications
- Experience in full lifecycle implementation of Financial and HR Software application
- Advanced project management knowledge necessary to inform and influence IT PMs and execute on strategic projects managed by IT PMs
- Effective communicator (written & oral) with active listening skills
- Demonstrated experience working with business process owners to determine and influence the best process and technology solution for strategic and complex business issues
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized. Ability to multitask, prioritize, manage time effectively, and have the propensity to handle urgent interruptions professionally
We have an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
- Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
- Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
- Office provides lunch and snacks on all working days
- Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
- Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
- ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.