Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Database Engineer will join the Data Architecture team at Anthology.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Creating database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, and ad hoc T-SQL scripts
- Performance tuning existing database objects such as views, stored procedures, triggers, and ad hoc T-SQL scripts
- Performing code review of database code in accordance with established best practices
- Designing, developing, and deploying Azure Data Factory Pipelines/SSIS packages
- Participating in development and creation of data lakes/data warehouses/lakehouses
- Creating tabular models in SQL Server Analysis Services/Power BI
- Collaborating with other cross-functional IT software/data personnel on development of EDW/database components
- Interacting well with team members and customers while maintaining multiple priorities in an extremely dynamic environment, initiating necessary tasks, and ensuring complete follow through
- Effectively multi-tasking with multiple projects consistently
- Owning quality and accountability of deliverables
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Programming, or related field
- At least 5 years of SQL Server database development experience
- Solid knowledge of SQL Server with the development of complex stored procedures, views, and other SQL objects
- At least 2 years of experience working with data services in Azure including:
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake Storage
- Azure DataBricks
- Experience with performance tuning, profiling with Extended Events, code review, hands-on experience using best practices
- Experience debugging and optimizing existing SQL scripts
- Strong oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources both internal and external
- Experience with Python
- Microsoft BI Stack tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Background or familiarity with data governance, metadata management, taxonomy management, master data management, and data security
- Experience working with Azure DevOps and GIT
- Hands-on experience with dimensional modeling practices
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.