Principal IT Reporting Analyst
Remote – India
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Anthology Enterprise Application Services Team is focused on providing data and reports regarding inputs for HR Decisions, Sales Operations, and Company Financials. This team collaborates with stakeholders from Finance, Sales, HR, Marketing, and other internal business groups to drive initiatives and ensure data needs are satisfied.
As a Principal IT Reporting Analyst, you will report to the Manager of Financial and Revenue Reporting and will work closely with internal Anthology teams to build systems and data reporting solutions.
To be successful in this role, you will be a knowledgeable, results-orientation data and reporting analyst. You will have experience in data modeling, data visualization, and financial accounting and analysis. A primary function of this role will be to build out data models for all internal reporting across multiple application platforms such as Salesforce, Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations, Peoplesoft Financials. Your ability and willingness to apply your analytical skills to look across systems and build meaningful and reliable reporting will be critical.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with business teams to ensure reporting requirements are clearly articulated and documented
- Collaborating with IT team members to evaluate, design, develop Power BI reports and dashboards according to functional specifications while maintaining data integrity and data quality
- Developing complex business data models using Power BI (including DAX language), Power query, and relationships
- Delivering visualizations inside Power BI to include slicers and drill throughs to maximize data presentations
- Working with all levels of development from analysis through implementation, testing, and daily reporting support
- Providing extensive support to user community in User Acceptance Testing, Integration Testing, and Regression Testing
- Validating data quality between multiple internal systems and presenting findings for review
- Assisting business users with PowerBI functionality and troubleshooting issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- At least 7 years of experience with data and financial analysis
- Experience with SQL Server database development as well as data modeling, both logical and physical
- Extensive experience using Power BI Premium developing and exposing dashboards to stakeholders based on user requests
- Extensive experience writing complex data extract scripts utilizing Power BI Premium Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) language, and Power Shell
- Ability to assist in the creation and implementation of data workflows to move data through the pipeline
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized; ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively; ability to handle urgent interruptions professionally
- Experience working with large complex database environments
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Experience implementing, maintaining, tuning, and deploying in multiple environments to include development, QA, and Production
- Extensive experience using Excel with translating formulas, functions, and tables
- Ability to work closely with HR, Sales Operations, Accounting and Finance teams to determine requirements and code accurately to their reporting requirements
- Comfortable presenting solutions and proof-of-concept to all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and applying to implementation lifecycle
- Ability to provide after-hours support when required
- Detail-oriented with attention to data accuracy, integrity, and timeliness
- 7 or more years of experience with data and financial analysis and data modeling
- Experience with, or knowledge of, Salesforce, Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
- Experience with Power BI Premium, DAX expressions language, and PowerShell
- Knowledge with PeopleSoft Financials
- Knowledge with Alteryx Designer workflows
- Knowledge with Azure DevOps, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience with Azure Data Platform (Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and exhibit excellent judgment
- Ability to multi-task and switch between tasks quickly and smoothly
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.