Senior Software Engineer
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
As a member of our Product Development organization, you’ll work in an agile environment delivering industry-leading SaaS products and web service platforms. You’ll be deeply involved in translating wireframes and sketches into working prototypes to refine user interface behaviors.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Participating in hands-on technical design, coding, and implementation of product features
- Technical collaborating with Architects and Product Designers contributing to the overall architectural vision of cloud service infrastructure in support of Blackboard’s notification products
- Enhancing and supporting existing cloud-based products; designing and implementing new features; assessing and paying down technical debt
- Communicating progress and escalating issues to management in a timely manner
- Participating in agile planning and execution
- Acting as a lead engineer on a development team responsible for developing and testing features or fixing bugs on our industry-leading Community Engagement products
- Developing broad and deep knowledge on our current software architecture and helping define our next generation architecture
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members; performing peer code reviews and delivering feedback
- Collaborating in a cross-functional agile team to solve challenging technical problems with innovative solutions
- Following best practices and methodologies to produce desired software on time with top notch quality
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience with web application development
- Exceptional object-oriented and coding skills, preferably with Java, J2EE
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures and RESTful Web Service best practices
- Experience in UI development using Angular.
- Ability to design and develop scalable, distributed, high availability applications in the cloud via API-based microservices
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate beneficial software design patterns and identify performance anti-patterns
- Hands-on experience with SQL Programming (MS SQL Server/Oracle)
- Experience participating in agile and fast-paced software development methodologies like Scrum.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in AWS (S3, Lambda, API Gateway, WAF, DynamoDB) is a plus.
- Experience with Java programming and Backend frameworks (SpringBoot).
- Experience in frontend frameworks like Angular.
Anthology has an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
- Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
- Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
- Office provides lunch and snacks on all working days
- Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
- Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
- ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.