Senior Network Engineer
Bangalore, India or Chennai, India
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Anthology Information Technology Team is responsible for providing Network Engineering and Operations support to Anthology’s IT network infrastructure comprised of several office locations, three data centers, Azure and AWS environments supporting over 2000 employees. As Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining the Anthology WAN, Internet, LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, and cloud networks in a cost-effective manner. You will ensure that data networks are reliable and high performing for use by the entire enterprise. You will be responsible for staying current with, learning, and applying new technologies as well as applying existing knowledge to ensure system reliability.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Architecting, designing, installing, maintaining, and managing the equipment needed to provide WAN, Internet, LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN networks in a cost-effective manner
- Ensuring a high level of availability, flexibility, and network performance
- Proactively monitoring and analyzing key performance and capacity metrics and trends to assess risks, business impact and provide recommendations
- Maintaining, auditing, and updating infrastructure documentation
- Working collaboratively with service providers and team members on day-to-day changes, incidents, and requests
- Maintaining and increasing the security levels of all data networks within Anthology
- Partnering with customers of IT to understand business needs and adapt them to technology solutions
- Performing all activities in keeping with established ticket, change and incident management and approval procedures
- Participating in the network operations team’s on-call schedule for after-hours and weekend support
- Attending and participating in project, operational, and other team meetings
- This role requires approximately 10% travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar fields, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience designing, implementing, and maintaining IP networks, L2/L3 technologies, Cisco routers, switches and wireless, Cisco firewalls, Checkpoint firewalls, Fortigate firewalls
- Advanced knowledge of Solar Winds Network Monitoring
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Meraki
- Advanced knowledge of Zscaler Private Access and Internet Access
- Strong fundamentals and understanding of the following enterprise network technologies:
- Wireless (802.11ac, WPA, 802.1x)
- WAN technologies (Leased lines, GRE VPNs, DMVPN, PPTP, L2TP, and IPSEC based VPNs, MPLS)
- Security technologies (Firewalls, ACLs, NAT, IPS, IDS, RADIUS, TACAS+, IAS, VPN technologies)
- Routing (EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, NHRP, BGP)
- Switching (VLANs, LACP, EtherChannel, LAGP, 802.3ad, VTP, 802.1q)
- VoIP protocols (SIP/SCCP)
- Familiarity with QoS including basic QoS commands and implementations
- Network monitoring (WMI, SNMP, Netflow, SPAN)
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and the ability to quickly narrow down and resolve problems
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and can demonstrate effective project management and completion of complex network tasks with little guidance
- Motivated learner – ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep networking skills current with emerging technologies
- Good communication skills with co-workers and clients
- Excellent time management skills
- Cisco CCNA and/or CCNP (routing and switching preferred)
- Fortigate NSE 4 Certification
- Zscaler ZIA Professional
- Zscaler ZPA Professional
- Strong knowledge of ITILv3 service management
- Demonstrated success training in both small group and one-on-one
- Security+ certification
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.