Education and Training Specialist
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Education and Training Specialist is responsible for developing and delivering the appropriate training materials to support the customer experience with Anthology solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will have knowledge of or experience in higher education as well as experience using creative technologies to create virtual training resources.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Applying instructional design principles, theories, and methodologies to design and develop instructional materials and learning experiences
- Conducting needs analysis of product updates to identify learning objectives
- Writing scripts, designing storyboards, creating assessments and other learning components according to the learning strategies for assigned projects
- Adhering to course design standards, templates, best practices, and processes to ensure consistent, high-quality deliverables
- Developing projects independently or in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts
- Designing and developing online instructional materials that are engaging, accessible, and mobile that include multimedia such as videos, illustrations, and interactive components
- Applying agile processes in the design and development of instructional materials
- Aligning the maintenance and development of instructional materials with product releases, partnering closely with company-wide internal teams
- Tracking and evaluating the product release schedules and determining appropriate instructional material updates; analyzing and conducting quality assurance of product updates to evolve materials
- Organizing and archiving instructional assets across multiple platforms
- Owning and being accountable for the timeliness and quality of all deliverables
- Independently tracking progress against deliverables
- This role requires up to 10% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (5-7 years)
- Passion for learning, education, and technology
- Fast learner with a growth mindset and ability to work in a variety of environments
- Basic understanding of instructional design principles, theories, methodologies, and application
- Familiarity with higher education or using higher education/post-secondary technology
- Familiarity with and comfort using communication tools/technologies
- Familiarity with and comfort using content development tools/technologies that focus on:
- Video development
- Audio processing
- SCORM design and development
- Graphic design
- Template development
- Image editing
- Exceptional technical writing skills (scripts, storyboards, design documents, writing assessment questions, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex concepts into digestible pieces of knowledge
- Client-focused mindset when designing instructional materials, content, and projects
- Disciplined self-manager who is process-oriented, highly organized, and pays strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and build relationships with internal and external organizations
- Experience with Blackboard Learn Ultra
- Understanding of localization needs and processes
- Passion for content development tools and current instructional design trends
- Narration skills; ability to speak clearly and a willingness to record and edit one’s own voice
- Experience writing and/or speaking professionally in another language
- Experience documenting processes and developing internal processes to create an efficient workflow
- Experience evaluating a need and brainstorming options to provide a solution
- Advanced skills in multimedia development
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Pay Range is $60,000 - $75,000/year depending upon experience. We use national and industry-specific survey data to assist in determining compensation. Additionally, we consider factors such as external market rate, budget for the role, and the compensation rates of current employees performing the same function. Some roles will have variable pay.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following locations: CO, CA, WA, NYC