Senior Manager, Domestic Income Tax & Reporting
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
This position reports to the Vice President, Tax with primary responsibility for leadership and owning income tax planning, tax accounting, tax compliance, and all other aspects of the company’s U.S. Federal and state income taxes.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ownership and day-to-day management of annual and quarterly ASC 740 worldwide tax provision process, including:
- Interfacing with Accounting/Finance team to manage the financial reporting close calendar, preparation of tax provision, and identification of unique issues to be addressed in provision preparation
- Developing relationships with the external auditors to facilitate their review of the tax provision including review timeline, documentation requests, and technical documentation as necessary to support the computation
- Managing all applicable tax account rollforwards and reconciliations to support trial balance accounts
- Coordinating with other tax department personnel to complete specialty group computations
- Managing relationship with external accountants helping with OTP input and report generation
- Computing and preparing appropriate documentation to support the Company’s FIN 48, APB 23, and other provision related positions
- Drafting tax related financial statement disclosures
- If applicable, owning all phases of SOX documentation for the income tax provision process
- Managing income tax compliance process for U.S. Federal and state income tax returns, estimated taxes, extensions, and other related compliance. Requires coordination with:
- Internal resources to gather required information
- External accountants preparing return
- Senior Tax Accountant responsible for gathering source data
- International Tax Manager for reviewing foreign information
- Coordinating domestic income tax audits including research and documentation of audit issues, preparation of audit assessment appeals, responding to notices and other governmental inquiries, etc.
- Researching federal and state tax issues, including drafting of supporting memoranda as required
- Identifying and analyzing tax planning opportunities related to tax law changes, audit issues, changes in business conditions and expansion opportunities
- Managing and evaluating Senior Tax Accountant
- Owning continuous process improvement around tax reporting and the tax compliance processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or industry, with a focus on ASC 740 and U.S. Federal and state income taxes
- Organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented with the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with tax provision software
- Experience managing and developing or ability to manage and develop assigned staff through effective and timely supervision, training, performance management, and appraisal
- CPA and Masters of Tax
- Experience with OneSource tax provision software
- Experience with MS D365 and tax research software
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following locations: CO, CA, WA, NYC