Critical Situation Manager
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
As a key member and influencer on the Voice of the Client (VoC) team, the Critical Situation Manager (CSM) will own Anthology’s most critical, business impacting escalations and situations, end to end. Collaborating proactively with all Anthology departments and client-facing stakeholders, the CSM brings resources together to identify and deliver solutions and root causes that meet every client’s expectation when critical issues arise. Escalation management of each critical situation will require consistent communication, timely resolutions to both the client and internal Anthology stakeholders, and root cause analysis that prevents similar escalations for all clients. Situations can be technical, application, process, and operational in nature and the ability to utilize available data to predict and prevent escalations before they happen will be a strong factor for success in the role. The right candidate has a passion for service and embraces a client-centric attitude and transformational mindset.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing elevated client situations and delivering resolutions and root cause to Anthology clients
- End to end critical situation and escalation ownership
- Engaging with and orchestrating key technical, application, and operational experts across multiple departments including Product Development, Product Management, and Cloud Services
- Resolution delivery and preventative root cause analysis on all escalations to prevent future occurrences for ALL clients
- Providing detailed, thorough, and consistent communication to internal, external, and executive stakeholders
- Facilitating customer status meetings for all assigned customers/escalations/situations, potentially across multiple geographies
- Performing root cause solution coordination and remediation with all responsible departments and stakeholders with outcomes feeding the appropriate client health index and predictive escalation dashboards
- Collaborating with VoC data analysts to proactively review and prevent common client pain points
- Effectively using critical thinking and risk management skills to deescalate situations quickly and provide mitigation steps that keep clients operational during crisis
- Effectively using available tools including dashboards, incident and project management systems, and Anthology team members
- Quickly establishing rapport, gaining, and maintaining credibility and trust with diverse audiences
- Building and maintaining knowledge of Anthology solutions, database structure, configurations, integrations, and business flows to assist with issue investigation and resolution
- Contributing to all internal processes and escalation paths, as well as relationship building with team members and leaders responsible for those paths
- Delivering Quarterly Business Reviews to Anthology stakeholders, including executives, to demonstrate and report on reductions in escalations and improved stability for Anthology clients
- Providing strategic clients best practice recommendations and operational efficiencies to reduce escalations and prevent future critical business situations
- Creating templates, documentation, KB articles, onboarding materials, and all other required collateral along with peer CSMs
- Providing ongoing mentoring and partnership for other VoC CSMs and client-facing stakeholders on best practices in incident management, process adherence, and critical situation management
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on engineering or technology, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of customer service, project/product management experience with a focus on technology
- Strong project/crisis/risk management experience in a fast paced, interrupt driven environment
- Trained in product and/or project management best practices, procedures, and tools
- Advanced troubleshooting, critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments with a sense of urgency, structure, and attention to detail, potentially across varying geographies
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and form strong relationships with partner departments ensuring processes are adhered to and refined when needed
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to lead and mentor other staff members and deliver process training as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and incident/project management systems
- Strong documentation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills across diverse audiences and executive levels internally and externally, utilizing multiple platforms and conferencing technologies
- Experience managing client situations and escalations in both hosted/managed (Cloud) environments as well as on premise
- Master's degree with a focus on engineering or technology
- 5 or more years of project management experience
- PMP certified
- Proficient in Gainsight and Power BI
We have an office in the Silicon Valley of India: Bangalore.
· Located adjacent to Bangalore’s new metro system
· Brand new office space boasts an open, modern vibe
· Office space provides collaboration area for casual gatherings as well as office cabins for privacy when needed
· Office has a tuck shop for quick snacks, free coffee, and vending machines
· Habba committee and monthly employee engagement activities provide opportunities for fun and celebration at work
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.