Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Process Specialist will manage the Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Revenue groups ensuring accurate and timely invoicing, proper revenue recognition, accurate and timely application of cash, as well as managing risk in unbilled and outstanding receivables.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing sales agreements and deal structures for external and internal customers, assuring contract existence, validating purchasing documents, creating sales orders and subscriptions according to billing terms and revenue recognition policy
- Validating product set up, rate plans, and revenue recognition rules according to ASC606
- Managing customer records, full cycle billing, revenue recognition, and collections
- Identifying discount accounting transactions and account the same
- Creating bill runs, forwarding invoices to customers, recording payments
- Creating journals and performing AR and Revenue activity posting
- Overseeing all aspects of Accounts Receivable function including application of cash to open receivables, reconciliation of billed A/R, optimizing cash flow
- Maintaining subscriptions records and renewal schedules
- Developing reconciliation procedures, reports and reconciliation schedules for customer aging, trial balance, and Deferred/Recognized revenue to GL
- Delivering timely and accurate reconciliations and reports for period end closing
- Supporting Controller and CFO with various SaaS metric analysis (churn rates, booked revenue, ARR changes, etc.)
- Improving internal Quote To Cash processes
- Partnering with and support Sales Operations, Customer Success team, and Legal
- Participating in other accounting projects, audit requests, and initiatives as assigned
- Overseeing all aspects of the Billing function including managing to contractual deadlines, review of all customer invoices and revenue recognition
- Communicating effectively with staff as well as the various departments that play a role in the Billing and A/R functions
- Coordinating the compilation of Unbilled, Billed and Deferred roll-forward account reconciliations at the activity and general ledger level
- Leading process improvement initiatives, finding solutions to complex billing, revenue and accounts receivable issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong understanding of revenue accounting rules
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP principles and financial statements, including ASC 606 and multi-element experience
- 5-7 years of revenue accounting experience in a software industry
- Hands-on revenue and deferred revenue reconciliation skills involving complex deal structures, adjustments to revenue, and multiple currencies
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work effectively with various departments and manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility to work under time constraints and deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Problem solver with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, yet cooperatively and constructively, in a team environment
We have an office in the Silicon Valley of India: Bangalore.
· Located adjacent to Bangalore’s new metro system
· Brand new office space boasts an open, modern vibe
· Office space provides collaboration area for casual gatherings as well as office cabins for privacy when needed
· Office has a tuck shop for quick snacks, free coffee, and vending machines
· Habba committee and monthly employee engagement activities provide opportunities for fun and celebration at work
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.