Remote – Colombia
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
This is a senior-level position reporting to the Director, Accounting with primary responsibility of ensuring proper recording of expenses and related balance sheet assets and liabilities.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness in accounting for operating expenses, vendor expenses, payroll expenses, lease accounting, capex deferrals, depreciation, amortization, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, and other accounting areas managed by the general ledger accounting team
- Helping maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely expense recognition, expense capitalization, and expense classifications
- Assisting in improving utilization of financial applications using PeopleSoft Query, PowerBI, Oracle Fusion and other tools to satisfy GAAP reporting requirements including the quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with expense recognition, capex, deferrals, and vendor expense cutoff policies and ensuring these policies are managed through internal controls and exception reporting within the financial systems. Helping communicate these policies regularly to the Business
- Driving the monthly close process to help ensure an accurate and timely close of operating expense, accounts payable, and capex ledgers
- Preparing expense and balance sheet journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with a rigorous close deadline
- Assisting with the review of vendor contracts and invoices to ensure proper expense recognition
- Helping assist third party auditors to ensure timely year-end audit/review preparation
- Working closely with members of other teams in finance and operations assisting with monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue forecasts and plans
- Assisting in maintaining internal controls impacting all accounting areas managed by the general ledger accounting team
- Supporting general ledger accounting team efforts with IT, operations, and other members in accounting to drive accounting system and reporting improvements
- Strong work ethic, communication, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Comprehension of GAAP and other authoritative guidance
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with varying levels of employees
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 3 years’ work-related experience in a relevant position
- Strong computer skills: Proficient Excel skills and other Microsoft Office products
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Public accounting experience
- Experience working with Peoplesoft, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Oracle Financials, or other Accounting ERPs
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.