Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
As a member of the DevOps Engineering team, you will combine software and systems engineering to help build and run large-scale, distributed, and fault-tolerant systems. This is a driven, creative, and energetic team that works in a flexible and agile fashion to deliver world-class products to the education market. By joining this team, you will become a core contributing member to the DevOps team delivering eLearning services to over a thousand clients, comprising of almost four million users worldwide.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with development teams on architecting better system design, deployment, capacity planning, identifying/highlighting areas for improvement, enforcing DevOps and SRE practices, and supporting them as they transition to production
- Monitoring and logging the availability, performance, and health of production systems in support of meeting service level objectives
- Enhancing and implementing automation and tooling to continuously improve the reliability, scalability, and velocity of services deployed on instances
- Actively practicing DevOps culture and SRE practices for building well stable product releases across environments
- 24/7/365 responsibility for assigned production applications, including on-call responsibilities, following defined procedures, owning and managing a runbook for each application, and maintaining system uptime to contractual SLAs
- Participating in emergency incident response, on-call rosters, and practicing blameless post-mortems that lead to improvements in resiliency
- Learning any appropriate tech stack needed for the organization
- Building, maintaining, and improving CI/CD pipeline in support of all assigned applications
- Supporting production and non-production environments where appropriate
- Executing and maintaining industry best practices for security, compliance, and auditing, including a continuous improvement cycle
- Handling planned and support activities as per the priority set
- At least 3 years of cloud-based DevOps engineering experience
- Get it done mindset
- Hands-on experience with Python, Shell, Groovy, YAML scripting
- Experience with networking concepts, MySQL/Dynamo DB, Lambda, backup & recovery strategies and adhering security policies
- Demonstrated experience with production support in a cloud environment, including outage/incident management
- Demonstrated collaboration across departments, teams, and partners in different geographic areas
- Expertise with analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale, multi-region application and its infra in a public cloud (Primarily AWS)
- Experience with cloud deployment and management tools (e.g. Terraform, CDK, CodeDeploy)
- Experience with containerization using Docker, Kubernetes, or Open-shift
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring, logging, and alerting tools (e.g. CloudWatch, New Relic, Grafana, ELK, Chaos Search)
- Hands-on experience with enabling CI/CD pipeline over codes using Jenkins or Azure or AWS (Code Pipeline)
- Expert-level troubleshooting skills using application and infra logs
- Ability to identify and enhance the metrics needed for product stability and reliability
- Experienced in continuously identifying and implementing the possible automations
- Experience working with cross-functional teams on the activities till completion
- Self-driven and ability to lead objectives to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across different layers within a company
We have an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
- Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
- Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
- Office provides lunch and snacks on all working days
- Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
- Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
- ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.