Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining cloud governance
- Enhancing cloud infrastructure automation
- Designing and executing cloud cost-saving measures
- Security harden Azure and AWS infrastructure
- Assisting DevOps teams with pipeline deployments
- Initiating new cloud solutions by documenting the project and the cost impact
- Enabling and facilitating Proof of Concepts
- Maintaining a deep technical knowledge of AWS and Azure technologies
- Providing technical guidance to team members
- Migrating on-premises workloads to the cloud
- Proactively adopting new cloud infrastructure and technologies
- Managing environments in AWS and Azure to ensure optimal security, performance, scalability, availability, and operations
- Adopting and implementing Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Developing and deploying real-time production monitoring and telemetry
- Building tools and infrastructure to improve engineer productivity
- Minimum of 5 years in a solution architecture role using services and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms
- Experience architecting and designing technical solutions based on industry standards using Azure or AWS capabilities
- Ability to drive the deployment of the customers’ workloads into AWS or Azure and provide guidance, cloud adoption model, service integrations, appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers and technical roadmaps for cloud implementations
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, etc.
- Experience with cloud and infrastructure configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Pulumi, etc.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc. for process and workflow automation
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, CSP-native containerization tools, etc.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating system environments, including installation, configuration, operation, and customization efforts
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest cloud-computing, networking, and infrastructure management technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study
- Cloud certifications for Microsoft Azure
- Cloud certifications for AWS
- Experience planning, deploying, and configuring automation for a cloud platform
- Other technical certifications from organizations such as Google, RedHat, etc.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following locations: CO, CA, WA, NYC