Technical Solutions Engineer
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Solutions Engineers at Anthology act as strategic partners within the Global Markets team to understand, configure, and communicate the value of the Anthology suite of products to Higher Education institutions. The Solutions Engineer will add value throughout the sales process in requirements analysis, value assessments, solution development, tailored sales demonstrations, building POCs, and finally in the transition to our Professional Services team to ensure our clients are successful.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the needs of higher education institutions, identifying the right solutions, and communicating the value these bring to their institutions
- Understanding the needs of the prospects and customers to glean information through productive discovery/survey sessions
- Translating customer needs and articulating functional and technical requirements and product positioning through storytelling and solution demonstrations\
- Responding promptly to customer needs and communicating with confidence and passion using domain expertise
- Working effectively with the Anthology proposal team to produce high-quality RFP responses promptly
- Understanding specific products as identified top priority by sales managers and being responsible for keeping the content and demos we use to support prospect/customer presentations current for your assigned product set
- Preparing and delivering demos to show the value of our solutions to higher education institutional challenges
- Staying up to date with the latest software releases and attending regular briefings on changes for your assigned products
- Practicing continuous learning through self-guided reading and research of relevant business practices including the student journey, strategies in higher education, analytics, workflow, and product-specific activities
- Participating in the technical effort related to Enterprise Architecture for Information Technology during the sales process
- Working with all IT functions with our customers and prospective customers, you will elicit requirements, champion standards, and help demonstrate and articulate secure, reliable, and scalable solutions
- Reviewing solution options, researching and analyzing alternatives and recommending solutions to business users
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Science and Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of technical solution consulting or professional services experience
- At least 3 years of technical hands-on experience using:
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Design Patterns
- Web Services
- Microsoft Azure SQL
- Track record of successful quota achievement
- Must be open to moderate travel
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills and is not afraid to pick-up the phone
- Natural storyteller and passion for presenting solutions to problems
- Ability to make effective presentations in time constrained situations
- Ability to articulate and logically communicate concepts both technically and functionally
- Ability to prioritize the work and strong project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, follow up on commitments, and take action as needed
- Positive team player with ability to develop and maintain internal and external professional relationships
- Highly organized with an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong cross-functional relationships
- Resilient and positive
- Takes a strategic approach to work
- Self-motivated and proactive to constantly learn and grow
- Experience with a CRM, Financial Aid, or HR and Payroll software
- Higher Education experience specializing in Student Information Systems
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following locations: CO, CA, WA, NYC