Principal Architect, CRM Solutions
Chennai or Bangalore, India
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Principal Architect, CRM Solutions is responsible for designing a robust, scalable, and sustainable end-to-end architecture across Marketing, Sales and Client Support business processes, data, applications, and technology. This role will work closely with senior business stakeholders, end users, technical team leads, developers, infrastructure team, business analysts, and system integrators to design and deliver highly scalable, optimized, and sustainable solutions. The Principal Architect, CRM Solutions is expected to have a good understanding of SaaS models and develop a deep understanding of Marketing, Sales, and Client Support operations. This role will be customer focused, highly collaborative, and constantly seek input to ensure success.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Acting as a partner to Marketing, Sales, and Client Support business stakeholders in collaboration with technical team to ensure the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application and architecture deliverables are completed in line with best practices and strategic platform direction, while delivering on business requirements and corporate objectives
- Architecting and designing applications, acting as solution architect, for the CRM environment
- Maintaining architecture diagram of the CRM ecosystem and its connected applications including the Professional Services Automation (PSA) application
- Working with key stakeholders from business and technical domains including executive leaders, business process owners, architects, product managers, developers, and others, as needed, to establish a shared vision of advanced cloud platforms
- Developing CRM application roadmap, guiding the prioritization and implementation of new and upcoming applicable features
- Collaborating with the Integration Architect to define strategy, technical capabilities, and architecture for CRM integrations while employing industry standards to provide an innovative, secure, scalable, sustainable, reliable, and cost-effective environment
- Monitoring effectiveness and optimizing solutions through a clear build or buy strategy that minimizes the cost of IT, assisting in the evaluation and presentation of application selection
- Presenting complex solution options and benefits including the as-is and to-be architecture to key technical program stakeholders and business leaders
- Designing, coordinating, and executing pilots, prototypes, or proof of concepts, providing validation on specific scenarios, and providing deployment guidance
- Efficiently managing shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities, prioritization, and communication
- Participating in the design of the Enterprise Architecture governance model and its effective execution
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology and competitive trends and identifying opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of experience as a Solutions Architect
- Comprehensive knowledge of CRM platforms and addons, including technical and functional capabilities
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce.com and its architecture including Salesforce CPQ and Experience Cloud
- Ability to execute on highly complex or specialized projects
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with cross functional teams including business teams, product teams, global IT teams, consultants, and vendors
- Demonstrated experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Strong experience designing continuous integration and continuous delivery solutions
- Thorough functional and technical understanding of data modeling, databases, and enterprise software architecture
- Strong understanding of Apex, JSON, REST, and database APIs
- Salesforce.com, Salesforce CPQ and Experience Cloud certification
- Familiarity with Professional Services Automation (PSA) applications, especially Kimble/Kantata
- Familiarity with ERP applications, especially Dynamics 365 Finance
- Familiarity with HRIS applications, especially UKG
- Familiarity with SharePoint workflows
- Experience with M&A and related multi-org platform consolidations
- Expert level understanding of governance concepts, environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.