Lead Software Developer
Bangalore, India or Chennai, India
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology’s Student Development team focuses on using both industry standards and cutting-edge technologies to develop innovative solutions that are essential to our user’s success. As Lead Software Developer on this team, you will play an integral role in the success of the Student Development team within Anthology. A successful candidate will be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and implement software solutions.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing solutions for the area of the application owned by the team
- Taking ownership of the team’s product areas running in production
- Learning and applying new system design responsibilities
- Resolving production issues and defects for solutions owned by the team
- Ensuring proper team and inter-team communication practices
- Identifying issues with internal team communication practices
- Guiding process improvement initiatives on the team
- Leading solution design on the team
- Helping ensure the team is scoping work properly
- Mentoring team members earlier in their careers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- Strong skills at backend engineering using object oriented ASP.Net and other libraries and micro frameworks
- Knowledge in cloud-based microservices design and architecture
- Demonstrable understanding of HTML/CSS3, such as transformations, transitions and events driven design
- Specific experience in designing and developing web pages and web applications using well-known industries standards and languages including TypeScript
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate user-centered design principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Knowledge and understanding of RESTful API design and client consumption
- Excellent communication (oral and written), analytical, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to learn new technologies as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and to build relationships with internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills, and ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent work ethic and drive, great interpersonal skills, team oriented, and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of bug tracking, versioning, and repository systems
- Previous experience in the education or knowledge management industry and e-learning technologies
- Fundamental understanding of agile software development process methods
- General experience with AngularJS or React
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/GitHub
- Working knowledge with behavior-driven development (BDD)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.