Senior Software Developer
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology’s Student Development team focuses on using both industry standards and cutting-edge technologies to develop innovative solutions that are essential to our user’s success. As a Senior Software Developer on this team, you will play an integral role in the success of the Student Development team within Anthology. A successful candidate will be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and implement software solutions.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Creating and optimizing SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers for efficient data retrieval and manipulation
- Collaborating with teams to design database structures, tables, and relationships based on project requirements
- Monitoring and enhancing database performance, identifying bottlenecks, and optimizing queries for better efficiency
- Investigating and resolving database-related issues, such as performance issues or data discrepancies
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and provide technical support
- Determining feasibility by analyzing problem definition and requirements
- Designing, developing, and implementing robust software solutions
- Maintaining and improving the performance of the product
- Participating in all phases of product development from concept through development, unit testing, testing and demonstration
- Participating actively in SCRUM ceremonies, providing constructive suggestions and inputs that help refine acceptance criteria
- Working with the Product owner and team members to ensure delivery of high-quality software
- Providing constructive suggestions to eliminate waste and improve team performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in SQL programming and database management systems
- Strong conceptual knowledge and hands-on experience in Database Design, T-SQL and other SQL features likes Change Tracking and Change Data Capture
- Strong understanding of database design principles, normalization, and optimization techniques
- Experience with data modelling tools and techniques
- Knowledge of performance tuning and query optimization
- Familiarity with database security and backup procedures
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Experience in BI Data warehouse design and development
- Hands-on experience in Dimensional Modelling and DAX Development
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft BI Stack - SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Power BI, SSDT
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure SQL Database and Azure Analysis services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Data Factory, and Logic Apps
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience in the education or knowledge management industry and e-learning technologies
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET or other traditional coding
- Fundamental understanding of agile software development process methods
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/GitHub
We have an office in the Silicon Valley of India: Bangalore.
- Located adjacent to Bangalore’s new metro system
- Brand new office space boasts an open, modern vibe
- Office space provides collaboration area for casual gatherings as well as office cabins for privacy when needed
- Office has a tuck shop for quick snacks, free coffee, and vending machines
- Habba committee and monthly employee engagement activities provide opportunities for fun and celebration at work
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.