Lead Software Developer
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Defining test strategy and test plan
- Designing and developing test cases to verify functionality, data integrity, security, and overall usability of the solution
- Identifying/preparing regression test cases and maintaining regression repository
- Ensuring quality product releases with testing covering all use case scenarios
- Troubleshooting and working towards resolution of reported issues
- Providing guidance to team members on testing tools and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field
- At least 7-8 years of relevant experience
- Strong skills at backend engineering using object oriented C#.Net, ASP.Net and other libraries and micro frameworks
- Working knowledge of SQL, SQL Performance Optimization
- Knowledge in cloud-based microservices design and architecture
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/GitHub
- Fundamental understanding of Agile software development process methods & tools (Azure DevOps/TFS)
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate user-centered design principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Knowledge and understanding of RESTful API design and client consumption
- Specific experience in designing and developing web pages and web applications using well-known industries standards and languages
- Excellent communication (oral and written), analytical, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to learn new technologies as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and to build relationships with internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills, and ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent work ethic and drive, great interpersonal skills, team oriented, and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in the Finance, HR & Payroll platforms/products
- Exposure to D365 F&O and X++
- Fundamental understanding of bug tracking, versioning, and repository systems
- Working knowledge with behavior-driven development (BDD)
We have an office in the Silicon Valley of India: Bangalore.
- Located adjacent to Bangalore’s new metro system
- Brand new office space boasts an open, modern vibe
- Office space provides collaboration area for casual gatherings as well as office cabins for privacy when needed
- Office has a tuck shop for quick snacks, free coffee, and vending machines
- Habba committee and monthly employee engagement activities provide opportunities for fun and celebration at work
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.