Accounts Payable Analyst
Remote – Colombia
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Accounts Payable Analyst plays a critical role in the financial operations of Anthology by managing the timely and accurate processing of all vendor invoices and payments. This position ensures that financial obligations to vendors and suppliers are met efficiently while maintaining accurate records and adhering to company policies and procedures.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, reviewing, and verifying vendor invoices for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to company policies
- Coding and entering invoices into the accounting system, ensuring proper account classification and cost center allocation
- Matching invoices with purchase orders and receiving documents to validate goods or services received
- Preparing and processing payment batches, including checks, electronic funds transfers, and wire transfers
- Maintaining accurate records of payment schedules and ensuring timely disbursement of funds to vendors
- Reconciling payments and resolving discrepancies with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Communicating effectively with vendors regarding invoice inquiries, payment status, and dispute resolution
- Maintaining positive vendor relationships through timely responses and issue resolution
- Collaborating with procurement and other departments to address purchasing and payment discrepancies
- Reconciling vendor statements and accounts to ensure accurate recording of financial transactions
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies between invoices, purchase orders, and payments
Recordkeeping and documentation:
- Maintaining organized and up-to-date accounts payable files and documentation
- Preparing regular reports on accounts payable activities, aging, and outstanding liabilities for management review
Month-end and year-end processes:
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing procedures by providing necessary documentation and reconciliations
- Supporting the finance team in preparing accruals and adjusting journal entries related to accounts payable
Compliance and policy adherence:
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, and internal controls related to accounts payable
- Staying informed about relevant regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements within the accounts payable function to enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Participating in cross-functional teams to implement changes and streamline workflows
- Proficiency in Oracle Fusion or Dynamics 365 (ERP) systems
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and recordkeeping
- Excellent communication skills for effective vendor and internal stakeholder interactions
- Solid understanding of financial principles and general accounting practices
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Analytical skills to resolve discrepancies and identify potential issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other relevant Office software
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in accounts payable, accounting, or any finance roles
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.