Senior Software Developer
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Senior Software Developer will report to the Scrum Master/Development Director and be responsible for designing, building, and deploying BI solutions based on requirements specification and constraints. The ideal candidate will have experience building business intelligence and analytics solutions, creating visualizations and reports that address business needs.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Determining feasibility by analyzing problem definition and requirements
- Designing, developing, and implementing robust software solutions
- Maintaining and improving the performance of the product
- Participating in all phases of product development from concept through development, unit testing, testing and demonstration
- Participating actively in SCRUM ceremonies, providing constructive suggestions and inputs that help refine acceptance criteria
- Working with the Product owner and team members to ensure delivery of high quality software
- Providing constructive suggestions to eliminate waste and improve team performance
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Owning the quality deliverable adhering to acceptance criteria and definition of Done
- Owning the quality deliverable following design standards, coding standards and best practices, considering efficiency, re-usability, and optimization, avoiding duplications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Between 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong conceptual knowledge and hands-on experience in Relational and Data warehouse database design and development
- Experience in T-SQL development
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure platform – Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Analysis services, Azure Data Bricks and Azure Data Lake
- Hands-on experience in Dimensional Modelling and DAX Development
- Hands-on experience in Python
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft BI Stack - SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, SSDT
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Takes accountability and self-motivated
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities as necessary
- Knowledge of PowerShell, C#, ASP.NET or other traditional coding
- Experience with Reports development
- Exposure to iterative development cycles and collaboration
- Agile & SCRUM experience
We have an office in the Silicon Valley of India: Bangalore.
- Located adjacent to Bangalore’s new metro system
- Brand new office space boasts an open, modern vibe
- Office space provides collaboration area for casual gatherings as well as office cabins for privacy when needed
- Office has a tuck shop for quick snacks, free coffee, and vending machines
- Habba committee and monthly employee engagement activities provide opportunities for fun and celebration at work
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.