Lead Software Developer
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the functionality, requirements, and application workflows Ensuring the software delivered matches business needs
- Determining feasibility by analyzing problem definition and requirements
- Designing, developing, and implementing robust software solutions
- Gaining an understanding and assessing risks of impacted areas
- Maintaining and improving the performance of the product
- Participating in all phases of product development from concept through development, unit testing, testing, and demonstration
- Participating actively in SCRUM ceremonies, providing constructive suggestions and inputs that help refine acceptance criteria
- Working with the Product Owner and team members to ensure delivery of high-quality software
- Providing constructive suggestions to eliminate waste and improve team performance
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in software development
- Experience using Azure DevOps (ADO) for all work item management and activities prioritization
- Extensive full stack development and web application development experience using C#, ASP.Net MVC, ASP.NET, Angular, TypeScript, jQuery, KendoUI, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap and Messaging Queues
- Experience with PL/SQL or T-SQL, database performance tuning and optimization
- Experience with Web API and RESTful Services
- Well versed with API creation, integration
- Deep understanding of database (SQL) operations
- Well acquainted with all phases of SDLC
- Good analytical skills as well as a solid object-oriented programming, good knowledge of project life cycles and large project experience
- Good understanding of CI/CD using cloud platforms such as Azure DevOps or similar
- Well versed with Agile way of working and onsite-offshore coordination
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Results oriented
- Takes accountability and self-motivated
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities as necessary
- Ability to function in a collaborative and dynamic development environment
- Experience acting as team lead and/or mentoring junior team members
- Familiarity with ASP & VB6
- Experience working with oracle DB Server or SQL Server
- Familiarity with Mongo DB
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Git source management
- Experience in writing unit tests using NUnit & Moq
- Experience in enterprise service bus, MassTransit and RabbitMQ
- Scheduling framework, quartz.net
- Exposure to iterative development cycles and collaboration
- Agile & SCRUM experience
We have an office in the Silicon Valley of India: Bangalore.
- Located adjacent to Bangalore’s new metro system
- Brand new office space boasts an open, modern vibe
- Office space provides collaboration area for casual gatherings as well as office cabins for privacy when needed
- Office has a tuck shop for quick snacks, free coffee, and vending machines
- Habba committee and monthly employee engagement activities provide opportunities for fun and celebration at work
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.