Manager, Finance, HCM & Payroll
Remote - US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Manager is responsible for successful delivery of implementation projects for Anthology’s Finance, HCM & Payroll solutions, which is based on Microsoft D365 Finance & Operations. They will oversee the day-to-day management of implementation projects supported by Anthology. They will take on the role of subject matter expert in Anthology’s Finance, HCM and Payroll Solutions, and it is essential that they possess a proven track record of successfully delivering and managing teams who deliver complex, full lifecycle ERP implementations. This role will have overall responsibility for the quality of the service that the project team delivers. This position will report to the Director of Finance, HCM & Payroll Professional Services and will work closely with Customers, Project Managers, Technical Managers, Integration Managers and Solution Architects.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing project leadership to support the implementation for Anthology’s Finance, HCM & Payroll solution projects while being accountable for their project team’s operational excellence and customer satisfaction
- Proactively managing project risks by anticipating deployment issues and providing immediate resolution or escalation as required
- Ensuring quality standards are adhered to and documented processes are followed in day-to-day activities
- Conducting periodic reviews of the quality processes and implementing corrective actions as appropriate
- Participating in and/or leading quality management reviews including designs, prototypes, and other stages of the project(s) to ensure requirements are fulfilled
- Working closely with functional and technical teams (Cloud Services, Solutions Consulting, Development, and Integrations) to ensure that customer needs are being prioritized and addressed appropriately
- Participating in strategic initiatives, stretch assignments, and collaboration opportunities
- Developing, maintaining, evangelizing, and training project teams on implementation methodology, documentation, deliverables, and artifacts relating to Finance, HCM & Payroll projects and products
- Owning quality and accountability of deliverables
- Monitoring and analyzing key implementation metrics to assess the team’s performance
- Coaching and developing team to enable career growth and to take on additional responsibilities
- Providing direction for deployment and change management activities as needed
- Functioning as a subject matter expert for application design, feature optimization, availability, scalability, user experience, visualization, and data integrity
- This role requires up to 25% travel and participation in after-hours meetings with management as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, MIS, or related field
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment, focused on achieving results
- At least 5 years consulting experience with HCM or Payroll software, preferably with focus on project management and software implementation
- At least 3 years leading professional service teams
- Proven ability to manage processes and drive continuous process improvement
- Excellent project management stills, demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required
- Ability to work closely with other leaders to identify and develop plans to address business opportunities and challenges, across functional boundaries and global regions
- Aptitude to quickly learn new technologies to explain all Anthology’s products and services
- Well-versed at responding to high-impact customer escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty, including the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers
- Ability to remain poised and professional under stressful conditions; maintains calm, patient demeanor while driving to meet deadlines
- Professional, leader, motivator, results and quality oriented, proactive and responsive
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Higher Education or Public Sector experience
- At least 5 years consulting experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates in the following states: CO, CA, WA, NY