Manager, SIS (Anthology Student: Student Information System)
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Manager, SIS will be responsible for the successful delivery of implementation projects for Anthology Student: Student Information System. They will oversee the day-to-day management of implementation projects and an expert team of delivery resources. The role will be expected to be a subject matter expert in Anthology's SIS Solution and possess a proven track record of successfully delivering complex, full lifecycle ERP implementations. This role will have overall responsibility for the quality of the service that the project team delivers. This person must be customer service focused with the ability to engage with business users and decision makers at all levels. They need to lead and work well in teams, guide others in service delivery, and identify and resolve service delivery issues.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing overall leadership to support the implementation of Anthology Student projects while being accountable for their team’s operational excellence and customer satisfaction
- Proactively managing project risks by anticipating issues and providing immediate resolution or escalation as required
- Ensuring quality standards are adhered to and documented processes are followed in day-to-day activities; conducting periodic reviews of the quality processes and implementing corrective actions as appropriate
- Developing, maintaining, evangelizing, and training project teams on implementation methodology, documentation, deliverables, and artifacts relating to projects and products
- Recruiting, hiring, and guiding training of service delivery resources along with coaching and developing team members to enable career growth and additional responsibility
- Working closely with functional and technical teams (Cloud Services, Solutions Consulting, Development, Product, Data Services, and Integrations) to ensure that customer needs are being prioritized and addressed
- Interfacing with customer project stakeholders, including C-level management and directors, to elicit business and functional requirements and champion change
- Functioning as a subject matter expert for solutioning, application design, feature optimization, availability, scalability, user experience, visualization, and data integrity
- This role requires up to 50% travel and participation in after-hours meetings, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Business Administration, Educational Technology, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in Professional Services consulting or management implementing a solution and/or managing Student Information Systems
- Proven ability to manage processes and drive continuous process improvement
- Excellent project management and change management skills, demonstrated ability to manage projects and collaborate across teams where influencing skills are required
- Ability to work closely with other leaders to identify and develop plans to address business opportunities and challenges, across functional boundaries and global regions
- Aptitude to quickly learn new technologies to explain all Anthology’s products and services
- Well-versed at responding to high-impact customer escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty, including the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers
- Ability to remain poised and professional under stressful conditions; maintains calm, patient demeanor while driving to meet deadlines
- Professional, leader, motivator, results- and quality-oriented, proactive, and responsive
- Successful history of managing a team of professional consultants focused on excellent customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem-solving
- Capable of building an ‘action orientation’ and ‘sense of urgency’ in service delivery and everyday activities
- Self-starter, assertively takes on challenging responsibilities and holds self ultimately accountable for results and performance
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain strong customer, peer, and employee relationships while managing multiple assignments
- At least 5 years of Higher Education experience
- MS SQL and MS Project experience
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following locations: CO, CA, WA, NY