Senior Security Engineer
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Anthology IT Security Engineering Program leads the engineering and operation of technology to monitor and enhance the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all corporate information systems and products. This team is a core part of Anthology, providing it substantial opportunities to influence the overall corporate mission and culture.
This team is growing, built on frictionless interactions with partners across the corporation, leveraging transparency, trust, and collaboration to elevate Anthology security through partnerships.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Engineering the design, deployment, operation, and improvement of corporate security systems for centralized logging, cloud security posture, and endpoint protection
- Implementing and managing Anthology enterprise security systems through daily operation, automation of processes, and collaboration with product teams
- Developing secure cloud configurations for Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and other cloud-based environments
- Monitoring and reporting the configuration of cloud-based resources for security risks and baseline compliance
- Performing continuous monitoring activities, responding to security alerts for timely security response
- Implementing security infrastructure for centralized logging, endpoint security, perimeter access control, and threat detection
- Providing research, evaluation, and expert judgement for product security planning
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives
- Providing coaching and mentorship to more junior team members
- Experience researching, deploying, and supporting information security systems
- Experience with logging, auditing, data analytics, and SIEM infrastructure
- Experience engineering cloud-based information security systems
- Experience in applying industry best practices and requirements such as CIS Benchmarks & Azure Well-Architected Framework to cloud-based architectures
- Experience consulting with internal teams on the technical implementation and support of information security controls
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Experience scripting and automating information security systems
- Experience with Incident Response and Forensics
- Effective organization, follow-up, and time management skills
- Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a global team environment
- Self-starter, quick-learner, and pro-active problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and foster strong relationships with technology and business stakeholders
- Experienced and comfortable with a global team and a remote working environment
- At least 3 years security or systems engineering experience
- At least 3 years hands-on Incident Response and Forensics experience
- Experience developing and automating business processes, system deployments, and system operations
- Experience managing security protection utilizing EDR tools and managing an endpoint protection program
- Experience deploying and managing vulnerability assessment software to identify and report on enterprise vulnerabilities and configuration risks
- Experience managing the centralization of logs using agents, data transfer systems, and ETL pipelines for SIEM ingestion
- Knowledge of secure development methodologies, tools, and practices
- Linux, Windows, and MacOS expertise
- Experience with cloud security and securing enterprise information systems
We have an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
- Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
- Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
- Office provides lunch and snacks on all working days
- Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
- Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
- ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.