Customer Care and Technical Support Advisor
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Student Success brings virtualized support and technology enabled solutions to the world’s most progressive institutions. We provide IT Help Desk and comprehensive Student Lifecycle Management services that improve student engagement and accelerate learning. Our platform gives institutions an efficient, financially sustainable way to deliver services through the enrollment and learning process. Our goal is to build a better education experience for everyone by extending institutional resources to meet the growing demands of learners.
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving ability for the position of Customer Care and Technical Support Advisor. The duties of this role include interacting with families of students to address their concerns, being a reference point for all IT-related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner, and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
Student Success offers remote, work from home opportunities with immediate availability and schedules that offer flexibility.
- Addressing student families concerns
- Providing introductory information to new users on various products
- Resolving end user inquiries by utilizing multiple technologies including telephony, chat, and web-based inquiries
- In a virtual contact center, resolving inbound customer calls and inquiries in a professional and empathetic manner
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computers, printers, phones, and other peripheral equipment
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Completing software installations
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phones, chats, and emails
- Striving for one-call resolution of customer issues while communicating appropriate options in a timely and professional manner
- Managing and resolving identified client issues for assigned customer accounts
- Documenting information into web-based ticketing system
- Searching and navigating the knowledge base to identify appropriate resolution for client issues
- Escalating unique issues or inaccurate information contained in the knowledge base to the immediate supervisor for resolution
- Projecting favorable image of the company to promote its objectives and goals that enhance client relationships
- Participating in internal training programs to expand knowledge and support multiple clients
- Providing delightful, efficient, and accurate resolutions to customer inquiries
- Completing special projects as requested by management
- Demonstrating empathy, patience, and flexibility during phone calls
- Handling multiple job tasks at one time and escalating issues in a timely manner
- You must be able to work from home in a quiet, distraction-free environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift
- Strong computer knowledge including the ability to accurately type at least 25 wpm
- Strong interpersonal skills and a very high degree of customer service ethic
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with faculty, students, staff, and team members
- Ability to walk customers through outlined problem-solving processes, using our knowledge base system
- Ability to ask questions to determine nature of problem
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting
- Ability to take inbound (voice) phone calls in a conversation heavy environment
- Must have either an ISP provided modem that allows a third party VOIP, or a personal modem and personal router without restrictions
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous computer experience (building, configuring, troubleshooting)
- Knowledge of internet applications
- Proficiency in MS Office computer applications, including Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new technology systems
- Familiarity with education-related technologies
- Analytical orientation with strong attention to detail
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (equivalent to CEF B2 level or above)
- Willing to accept a temporary assignment
- Must reside in an approved state*
- Must be able to work from home with the following internet requirements: High-speed Internet Connection (Cable, Fiber, DSL)
- Mobile Broadband is not supported, this is satellite, wireless/cellular hotspot service, and point to point internet service
- 40 Mbps Download
- 15 Mbps Upload
- 100ms Ping or less
- Jitter: 40 MS or less
- Hardwired Connection
- Wired connection from the modem/router to the device, no splits/gaps or usage of Wi-Fi bridges
- College degree or some college completed
- 1 or more years of customer service or contact center experience
- Previous experience in the education industry and with e-learning technologies
- Experience working in a technical help desk position
Pay rate is $x/hour. We use national and industry-specific survey data to assist in determining compensation. Additionally, we consider factors such as external market rate, budget for the role, and the compensation rates of current employees performing the same function. Some roles will have variable pay.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
*This position is available for candidates residing in the following states: AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI, WV