Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The role of the Solution Architect is to guide, mentor, and coach other analysts while assisting with any high severity issues as needed. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and other departments or clients to resolve incidents in a timely manner, based on their severity and urgency. The Solution Architect will also define the learning objectives for their products/areas and oversee quality control throughout their incident’s life cycle. This person will help architect scalable, highly available integration application solutions that leverage Azure Cloud.
The Solution Architect is responsible for the analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of incidents and tasks that have been escalated by Client Services Analysts, Senior Analysts, Technical Leads, and Managers.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Investigating and resolving reported application issues, tasks, and escalations
- Following established guidelines and industry best practices to resolve customer issues
- Providing training, mentorship, and best practices to Analysts, Senior Analysts, and Technical Leads
- Creating tools to assist in increasing productivity and troubleshooting incidents
- Effectively communicating timely and consistent updates to both internal and external customers
- Establishing rapport, gaining, and maintaining credibility with diverse audiences
- Approving and/or creating Client Services documentation, including Knowledge Base articles
- Assisting with/participating in Anthology’s annual user conference, Anthology Together
- Building and maintaining knowledge of the database structure, configuration files, integrations, and business flows to assist with issue investigation and resolution
- Providing input on workflows, process improvements, and ongoing trainings
- Escalating issues to management as appropriate
- Working with cross-functional managers within the company to develop feedback mechanisms for problems, causes, and resolutions
- Acting as department liaison responsible for collaboration and customer satisfaction initiatives with other departments including Development, Product Management, Professional Services, and Hosting
- Delegating tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Providing oversight on and execution of projects, department related duties, and customer deliverables as assigned
- Deep working knowledge of Anthology’s organization, products, and services or understanding of higher education systems
- Ability to complete advanced scripting tasks in SQL, SSRS, and Crystal Reports for data analysis/troubleshooting purposes, including writing complex ad-hoc queries and creating/troubleshooting SQL views, stored procedures, and functions
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments with a sense of urgency, structure, and attention to detail
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and communicate at all levels of the company
- Ability to partner with other departments when necessary to ensure that cases are resolved in an efficient and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to mentor other staff members and deliver product/process training as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 10 years of customer service experience and/or working knowledge of the Anthology enterprise software suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Industry certifications (i.e. TSIA, HDI, CompTIA, Service Strategies, etc.)
- Bilingual in English and Portuguese or English and Spanish
Pay range is $100,000 - $115,000/year depending upon experience. We use national and industry-specific survey data to assist in determining compensation. Additionally, we consider factors such as external market rate, budget for the role, and the compensation rates of current employees performing the same function. Some roles will have variable pay.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.