Principal Technical Consultant
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Software Solutions Team is focused on advancing learning, fueled by data informed decision making. Anthology's Global Client Experience team works with clients to solve a wide variety of technology challenges. Using both industry standard and cutting-edge technologies, our consultants develop innovative, custom solutions that extend, enhance, and integrate Blackboard’s enterprise products. As a Lead Developer on this team, you will play an integral role in the success of the Software Solution team within GCX Product Development.
A successful candidate will be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and interface directly with clients to define requirements, draft specifications, and implement software solutions.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Serving as an expert in Anthology products including their architecture, functionality, and deployment methodologies
- Developing and leading on web application prototypes features in conjunction with Stack leadership, Business Analysts, and other developers
- Designing and documenting development tasks within system of record and helping other team members during implementation
- Serving as Sprint Planner and leader of the development project
- Building web applications with modern Java, Server-Side, and serverless programming
- Developing in an agile environment using web technologies
- Creating REST API using OpenAPI standards
- Leading in code review
- Being accountable for the project unit, integration, performance, and functional testing and results of the project
- Researching and experimenting with new technology that will advance future projects introducing efficiencies of overall development
- Helping to create and maintain development guidelines and direction
- Working with managers to estimate work tasks and level of effort within project timeline
- Adhering to established delivery methodology, quality standards, and best practices
- This role requires approximately 20% travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent relevant educational experience
- Minimum 8 years of prior relevant experience
- At least 5 years of software development lifecycle and associated processes
- Mastery at backend engineering using object-oriented Java- Spring, Java-Dropwizard, MongoDB/DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, and other libraries
- Fluency in cloud-based loosely coupled architecture patterns and microservices design
- Demonstratable understanding of web tokens, data transformations, transitions, and events driven design
- Ability to incorporate user-centered design principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to learn new technologies as needed
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and to build relationships with internal and external organizations
- Time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent work ethic and drive, great interpersonal skills, team oriented, excellent problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of bug tracking, versioning, and repository systems
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule to meet client needs
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- Experience in a client-facing consulting capacity
- Previous experience in the education or knowledge management industry and with e-learning technologies
- An understanding of sequence design process (waterfall) and agile software development process methods
- Experience with the MEAN technology stack with a focus on AngularJS
- Fluency in server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as SASS and LESS
- Previous use of standard digital tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle, Balsamic)
- An understanding of code versioning tools like Git, Stash, Github, and Perforce
- Experience with mobile optimized responsive design
- Fundamental understanding of key usages of Confluence, Jira Bug Tracking, Jira Agile (GreenHopper), versioning and repository systems
- A basic knowledge of image authoring tools (crop, resize, performing small adjustments on an image) and familiarity with tools like Gimp or Photoshop
- A working knowledge of server platforms (Linux/Unix, Windows Server 2003-2008)
- A working knowledge of behavior-driven development (BDD), unit-testing frameworks like Jasmine or SinonJS, and automatized functional testing infrastructures
- Experience in Spring MVC using Java
We have an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 522