Senior Technical Consultant
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Software Solutions Team is focused on advancing learning, fueled by data informed decision making. Anthology's Global Client Experience team works with clients to solve a wide variety of technology challenges. Using both industry standard and cutting-edge technologies, our consultants develop innovative, custom solutions that extend, enhance, and integrate Anthology's enterprise products. As a Senior Technical Consultant – Full Stack on this team, you will play an integral role in the success of the Software Solution team within Anthology GCX Product Development.
A successful candidate will be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and interface directly with clients to define requirements, draft specifications, and implement software solutions.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Serving as an expert in Anthology products, including their architecture, functionality, and deployment methodologies
- Developing and leading on web application prototypes features in conjunction with Stack leadership, Business Analysts, and other developers
- Designing and documenting development tasks within system of record and helps other team members during implementation
- Acting as Sprint Planner and leader of the development project
- Building web applications with modern Java, Server-Side and server less programming
- Developing in an agile environment using web technologies
- Creating REST API using OpenAPI standards
- Leading in code reviews
- Being accountable for the project unit, integration, performance, and functional testing and results of the project
- Researching and experimenting with new technology that will advance future projects
- Helping to create and maintain development guidelines and direction
- Working with managers to estimate work tasks and level of effort within project timeline
- Adhering to established delivery methodology, quality standards and best practices
- All job duties described above require a flexible work schedule to meet client needs
- This role requires up to 10% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent relevant Bachelor's degree experience
- 5+ years of software development lifecycle and associated processes
- Strong skills at OpenAPIs REST engineering using object-oriented Java, async event management, using server-side libraries and/or server less micro service frameworks
- Master skills at backend engineering using object-oriented Java- Spring, Java-Dropwizard MongoDB/DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, and other libraries
- Fluent in cloud based – micro services design and loosely couple architecture patterns
- Demonstrable understanding of web tokens, data transformations, transitions and events driven design
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate user-centered design principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Excellent communication (oral and written), analytical, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to learn new technologies as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and to build relationships with internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills, and ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent work ethic and drive, great interpersonal skills, team oriented, and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of bug tracking, versioning, and repository systems
- 2-5+ years of experience on a client facing consulting capacity
- Previous experience in the education or knowledge management industry and e-learning technologies, including at least six months specifically with Blackboard technologies
- Fundamental understanding of AGILE software development process methods
- General experience with Swagger
- Fluency in server-side pre-processing platforms
- Fundamental use of standard digital tools (e.g. Lucid Charts & Confluence)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Stash/GitHub
- Experience with mobile optimized REST APIs
- Fundamental understanding of key usages of Jira Bug Tracking, Jira Agile and versioning and repository systems
- Fundamental understanding of key usages of Amazon Web Services, Docker, versioning and repository systems
- Good working knowledge of server platforms (Linux/Unix)
- Working knowledge with behavior-driven development (BDD), unit-testing frameworks like JUNIT and automatized functional testing infrastructures
- Experience in Spring MVC, Dropwizard using Java
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA