Job Req: 1118
Company Entity: Blackboard Information Technology India Private Limited
Location: Chennai, India
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2022
Travel Requirements: None
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. The company’s mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
As Scrum Master, you will serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. You will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) focused on predictable, quality delivery, and driving continuous improvement of the team. You’ll facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team’s goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Serving as scrum master for two or more scrum teams of moderate complexity
· Assessing agile maturity within immediate scrum teams
· Facilitating Scrum ceremonies and providing coaching to further improve Agile maturity of teams via daily Scrum, retrospectives, sprint planning, and demonstrations
· Ensuring teams maintain focus on quality and continuous delivery of business value
· Helping teams proactively identify impediments and recommending solutions to remove impediments
· Representing team(s) in regular Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting and clearly communicating team accomplishments, impediments, and dependencies, as part of an Agile Release Train (ART)
· Assisting the team(s) through SAFe ceremonies like Program Increment (PI) planning and Inspect and Adapt workshops
· Acting as an influencer by implementing Agile processes, practices, principles, and values; helping team and organization to improve collaboration and self-organization
· Demonstrating the ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
· Utilizing team feedback, analyzing data, and reporting on team factors like quality, delivery rate, throughput, productivity, and velocity
· Demonstrating ability to identify process inefficiencies and facilitate discussions for solutions
We have an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.