Digital Media Buyer
Remote - US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Anthology’s Marketing and Enrollment organization is looking for a knowledgeable, results-oriented Digital Media Buyer to join our client-facing delivery team and work directly with our Higher Education partners. With a heavy emphasis on using data and analytics to optimize the best strategic approach, you will focus on supporting paid media campaigns executed on behalf of our university clients. You will report to the Director, Media Services supporting implementation, management, analysis, and optimization of multiple client media ad campaigns related to lead generation and down-funnel enrollment performance.
You will play a critical role in the support and execution of the media plans developed to support the student recruitment strategy of the institution. You will also collaborate with various groups within the larger Marketing & Enrollment Services team including Account Management, Creative and Research. A collaborative, proactive approach to driving performance and contributing to positive client satisfaction is paramount to success in this position.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Media Planning/Buying & Management
- Supporting the execution of marketing solutions across a variety of media channels, including placing media buys and setting up campaigns, with primary focus on digital channels (Paid Search, Display, Social Media, Programmatic, etc.); experience with traditional/other media placements (TV, Radio, Print, OOH,OTT) is preferred
- Managing day-to-day media buying optimizations process and vendor relationships for multiple select clients
- Assisting the Director, Media Services in managing client budgets and media billing
- Monitoring ad campaigns for performance, ensuring campaigns are pacing accordingly, managing spend, optimizing and troubleshooting campaigns, creating insights about performance, making updates accordingly, and flagging potential issues to Media and Account management
- Analyzing information to bring forward insights, results, and suggest optimizations (e.g. keyword research, ad copy testing, bid management tactics) and testing scenarios to ensure optimal return on client’s advertising investment
- Providing business analysis to identify risks and opportunities related to lead generation, media optimization, conversion rates and application yield rates
- Establishing and maintaining expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting SEM, display, social media, and the overall digital marketing landscape
Relationships and Service
- Tracking reporting metrics and KPIs to ensure effectiveness of media services
- Assisting in ensuring that media tactics and deliverables meet or exceed client’s objectives, timing expectations and budget
- Establishing and fostering productive relationships with media vendors and internal Account Management team
- Tracking spending and any changes in budget; providing clear and concise internal updates in timely and complete manner
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field; or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of media buying/planning experience in an agency or client in-house media department with focus on digital media
- Experience managing a wide range of media budgets across clients, from $150k to $1M+ annually
- Experience in B2C marketing campaigns with varying objectives, including but not limited to awareness, lead generation, demand generation and remarketing
- Strong knowledge and work experience directly in media ad platforms and performance tools, including Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, and other media management tools
- Fluent understanding of all aspects of paid media advertising, media strategy and standard media KPI measurements
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and summarize actionable recommendations as part of forecasted outcomes/implications
- Independent, self-starter with strong accountability, prioritization, project management and coordination skills; and ability to excel in a fluid, cross-functional team environment
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong critical thinking, project management and time management skills
- Experience in higher education industry
- Basic understanding of CRM, Marketing Automation and Data Analysis (Salesforce products, Microsoft PowerBI, etc.) tools and reporting
- Current certifications in Google Ads and Facebook Ads Media Buying (or willing to get certified in both in first 60 days)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA